• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Forecast/storm discussions and part II Manitoba Mauler

Damage In Tolland

Is there any way, from a now-casting perspective, to see how this path will ultimately play out at this point? Or will that become more evident tomorrow?

Need the convection to fire around dawn. Then there will be something to track provided any of the NOAA buoys are still working. Euro tuck still seems extreme to me but there's just no way to know yet

So outside of NYC/SWCT, it seems things have mostly remained the same for much of the region?

Yeah most of SNE is gonna get crushed one way or the other...as messenger said, the fringes are where these small wobbles matter the most. Euro mixes the Cape (at least central and outer cape) while most of the other 00z guidance does not....and of course NYC gets 20"+ on the Euro while other guidance gives them close to 10".

For most of SNE, we are not talking much except for model noise.

Yeah most of SNE is gonna crushed one way or the other...as messenger said, the fringes are where these small wobbles matter the most. Euro mixes the Cape (at least central and ouer cape) while most of the other 00z guidance does not....and of course NYC gets 20"+ on the Euro while other guidance gives them close to 10".

For most of SNE, we are not talking much except for model noise.

Nice continuity for many, thank you. Based on that map bboughton just posted it still looks like~2' for pretty much all of Middlesex and Essex counties, with the weenie south shore jack.

In fact, as you said, looks like pretty much all of sne is getting nailed.

If still be inclined to drop amounts from NYC west by 6-10 inches or so, this could be the euro playing gradual catchup, if we shift 40-50 miles more I think 15 inches in NYC is about right

Just look at how much the euro ex bell totals have moved from what people have posted here. The 12z 24 had 36" into snj.

I doubt the models are done coming together for most it doesn't matter much tougher for you

Eastern LI is safe but I could easily see NYC seeing 12 or 28

Yeah I'd feel good for a huge hit from central LI eastward, but that NYC region is a tough call. I  wonder if we see the other guidance tick west tomorrow morning toward the Euro but also a small tick east by the Euro? That 70/30 compromise that often happens when the Euro is an outlier. The Euro outlier this close in has me believing that it is mostly correct...it's a damned good model and rarely screws up this close in. That said, "mostly right" still means a level of correction could happen...25 miles is a big deal down there right now.

Took a look at the mid levels. Stuff by NYC just exploded when 5h closes off.

That's why it's hard for me to believe models like the GFS and NAM when they close off at 500mb over NJ/DE, and NYC gets just light-mod snow. They underestimate the western limits of the snow/precip shield regularly. 

It might not be as extreme in NYC as the Euro shows, but I'd weight that a lot more than those models.

Yeah I'd feel good for a huge hit from central LI eastward, but that NYC region is a tough call. I wonder if we see the other guidance tick west tomorrow morning toward the Euro but also a small tick east by the Euro? That 70/30 compromise that often happens when the Euro is an outlier. The Euro outlier this close in has me believing that it is mostly correct...it's a damned good model and rarely screws up this close in. That said, "mostly right" still means a level of correction could happen...25 miles is a big deal down there right now.

HpC still feels there's some adjusting to do. I think ultimately the euro will stall the low east of where it progged tonight.

COMBO.

BEYOND 12Z/27...A BLEND OF THE 00Z NAM/ECMWF APPEARS BEST AS THE

GFS LIFTS THE PRIMARY SURFACE LOW TO THE NORTH...QUICKER THAN

PREFERRED. HOWEVER...THE 21Z SREF MEAN...12Z EC MEAN AND 00Z NAM

ARE IN GOOD AGREEMENT AND SUPPORT A TRACK THAT IS FASTER TO DEPART

THE PRIMARY SURFACE LOW COMPARED TO THE 00Z ECMWF. THE 00Z ECMWF

DID ADJUST IN THE DIRECTION OF THE NAM/SREF/EC MEAN COMPARED TO

ITS 12Z RUN REGARDING POSITION/STRENGTH. THEREFORE...A BLEND OF

THE 00Z NAM AND 00Z ECMWF IS PREFERRED AS BOTH THE 00Z UKMET/CMC

APPEAR EITHER UNSUPPORTED IN POSITION OR STRENGT