joxey
Winter 2014/15 Med/Long Range Discussion Part 3

Chicago Storm

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ugh...God... it won't end

2015022400_054@007_E1_north@america_I_NA

Thats brutal. If this was the 60s or 70s, I'm sure we'd all be pulling out our hairs as every Winter for the most part was below normal temperature wise. Two back to back brutally cold winters for the region now. The increased ice cover should help the receding lake waters at least.

Discuss them here till the 36 hours before sampling. This is the LRD part three.

Part of the reason so many storm threads are created so far out is so the LRD thread isn't cluttered with so much unorganized discussion (that way people will know which post is about which storm without confusion).

And besides that, after years of going through the motions of storm tracking, I think the crew here has a pretty good sense of determining when a legit storm threat exists beyond 36 hours. During the uber-stormy 2007-2008 winter, there were sometimes 4-5 active storm threads at a time.

Will the storm track/strength on the models (especially since their "upgrades") change 40 times before the storm's onset? Perhaps, but that doesn't mean we can't have a separate thread to discuss its potential of impacting us and how it could impact us

It would be that 12z EURO solution that pisses me off.

Missed by all 3 waves in every direction, and even miss a big dog with the 3rd wave.

Just a bunch of crap after having to suffer through hellish cold the past 3-4 weeks.

Would probably have to lower my winter grade from an A- also.

WOW good thing you dont live in MSP

It would be that 12z EURO solution that pisses me off.

Missed by all 3 waves in every direction, and even miss a big dog with the 3rd wave.

Just a bunch of crap after having to suffer through hellish cold the past 3-4 weeks.

Would probably have to lower my winter grade from an A- also.

Looks like a front end thump with wave 2. 

Regardless...if I had a dime for every time someone used that line "if X models solution verifies I will be pissed..." Id be rich. Just remember, any solution only lasts until the next model run. :)

Guess I don't care what happens this early.  There's 2 months of Winter left anyway you slice it up here.  snow depth map from May 2nd last year still had over 30" in my area.  :lmao:

attachicon.gifssm_depth_2014050118_0_600_450__13141_5058__12971_5285_dem_shading_giklm_m_1_0_0_1_0_0.png

Jeez man. That is crazy! 9 months of winter basically. You have to really, really, really like winter to live there. I guess there is a certain climate for everyone.

Jeez man. That is crazy! 9 months of winter basically. You have to really, really, really like winter to live there. I guess there is a certain climate for everyone.

haha!  I llike a cooler climate yes,  but this area has an amazing Summer climate. Plus, just because there is 30" of snow on the ground doesn't mean it won't be 50 degrees or more (or less :P)

Archived