• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2014/15 Med/Long Range Discussion Part 3

Chicago Storm

Probably will be April before we melt through the glacier here unless we get some prolonged 50's-60's at some point and 0 additional snow.

Snow is easy to melt at this time of year.

There was melting occurring with highs in the single digits and teens over the last 2 weeks.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All FWIW, but EPS/GEFS in pretty good agreement on a mid-month warm up. Thereafter, it goes back cool. Yesterday's weeklies for week 4 were rather chilly. Bottom line, boys crying for their momma's get a little relief for awhile. :D

I guess, cool > rather chilly 

Our COD site should have live later today, the CFS out to 798hrs, run 4x a day with 6hr maps for:

500mb height/winds 

850mb temperatures 

SBCAPE

Supercell composite. 

33 days and 6 hours...cool.  Can't wait to see if it's showing any good severe setups.  :guitar:

All FWIW, but EPS/GEFS in pretty good agreement on a mid-month warm up. Thereafter, it goes back cool. Yesterday's weeklies for week 4 were rather chilly. Bottom line, boys crying for their momma's get a little relief for awhile. :D

I keep reading that week 4 is chilly on the weeklies, but I don't see what people are seeing, it averages out to average for that week. The main key is the cool and warmth at that range was transient. Of course this is week 4 on the weeklies which tend to be dart board mode by that range.

JB hell bent on cold/stormy March 20th-April 10th, we will see. Does look like a nice warm up on the way before that period though. 

going back to cold is a cheap/easy call given the long term persistence of that pattern, especially from a weenie like JB

He seems to think it'll be a false spring. Hope he's wrong. While I don't want a March 2012, I could so with some temperatures in the low 40s with sunshine.

Archived