joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2014/15 Med/Long Range Discussion Part 3

Chicago Storm

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heh, going back several days, GEFS showed the warm up before the EPS. Of course now the 0z GEFS are shorter duration. Regardless, March 10-20 is most likely mild overall (west warmer than east). Thereafter is probably a toss up. If nothing else, would be nice to see some storminess start showing up on something...

0z EPS bring back -EPO/NW ridging at the end of the run. Again, it's all very FWIW. Getting into that change of seasons on the models, so long range accuracy gets sketchy sometimes...as if it's not all the time.

This would be hilarious though. :whistle:    :devilsmiley:  ;)  :D

disaster scenario and totally believable

lol, well I'm of the belief you take it one week at a time...this time of year. Big proclamations either way for two weeks out are kinda foolish IMO. But, enjoy the warm up next week. We'll see what happens thereafter. 

lol, well I'm of the belief you take it one week at a time...this time of year. Big proclamations either way for two weeks out are kinda foolish IMO. But, enjoy the warm up next week. We'll see what happens thereafter. 

we haven't been able to shake off that persistent -epo/riding for what seems like forever, hard to be surprised if we flip back to the status quo after the warmup

we haven't been able to shake off that persistent -epo/riding for what seems like forever, hard to be surprised if we flip back to the status quo after the warmup

I can handle march cold so long as interesting comes with it.  That would not be interesting

Indeed. Been a pretty stable force for the past two years running. But nothing lasts forever.

Hoosier is already on record for a wickedly hot and dry summer (his one and only analog is JJA 1934). So you got that to look forward to. ;)

I can handle march cold so long as interesting comes with it.  That would not be interesting

Some widespread action would be nice. Hopefully it picks up for most of us in the near future.

Indeed. Been a pretty stable force for the past two years running. But nothing lasts forever.

Hoosier is already on record for a wickedly hot and dry summer (his one and only analog is JJA 1934). So you got that to look forward to. ;)

Some widespread action would be nice. Hopefully it picks up for most of us in the near future.

Then you went and one upped me with a 1936 redux.

That looks nice.  MEX has 55F here for the middle/end of next week, but it could be biasing toward climo at that range as I see no real reason why we wouldn't have 60s with that kind of airmass.  Will have to keep an eye on the backdoor potential but greater threat would seem to be N/E of here.

Archived