joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 11-12 Snow/Mixed Precip

Hoosier

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We probably picked up a half inch in the first hour of snow (DTW had 0.05" precip last hour) and though no heavy snowfall will probably be seen the rest of the night, considering theres probably 14-15 more hours of snow (with perhaps a brief dry lull or two) I think another 3" snowfall is certainly on the table when this event is wrapped up.

We probably picked up a half inch in the first hour of snow (DTW had 0.05" precip last hour) and though no heavy snowfall will probably be seen the rest of the night, considering theres probably 14-15 more hours of snow (with perhaps a brief dry lull or two) I think another 3" snowfall is certainly on the table when this event is wrapped up.

I think i'm up to an inch or so..

I wanted to get a few shots before it started to melt off here. Nothing too exciting, but the parking lot here is a little dicey. I do remember now why I despise winter 2008-09 so much. :D

attachicon.gifIMG_0667.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0669.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0668.JPG

Ice sucks.

My brother just drove back to Indy from here via 65.  He said it wasn't too bad until he hit LAF.  Passing lane had some icy patches.

Dusting here is about all we got.  Hoping the returns way southwest can hit us.   

Ice sucks.

My brother just drove back to Indy from here via 65.  He said it wasn't too bad until he hit LAF.  Passing lane had some icy patches.

Dusting here is about all we got.  Hoping the returns way southwest can hit us.   

:yikes: to 65 in any type of wintry weather. Hell, I stay off of it on sunny days. :lol:

But yeah, hopefully you can catch a little more snow at the tail end. Hoping for the same here.

Hi Def Radar app says snow is over the top of me, Weather Underground app says 5 miles south...

No flakes here so Weather Underground wins the accuracy award!

Check the scale bar (one may be picking up very light reflectivities like those < 10 dBZ while others are limiting it to significant returns) and also check the scan time.  Since it's the same data, one shouldn't be any better than the other except in how the GUI presents the data.

Archived