• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 11-12 Snow/Mixed Precip

Hoosier

Hard to believe there will be much but these bands sometimes surprise.  Delta Ts between the 900 mb level and the lake are actually pretty decent (getting into the upper teens C with time).  Gonna be a super low topped setup. 

Yeah.  I still think 1" is about it.  The band's gonna be pretty transient too.

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's interesting. IND has been zr for hours.

It's probably been a couple tenths from 32 all that time. For as much rain has fallen, I would expect there to be a lot more accretion. Just went out to check, and there isn't even anything on the trees. Granted, you could probably go five miles north and have a completely different scenario.

It's probably been a couple tenths from 32 all that time. For as much rain has fallen, I would expect there to be a lot more accretion. Just went out to check, and there isn't even anything on the trees. Granted, you could probably go five miles north and have a completely different scenario.

I was wondering about your temp.  Maybe some localized urban effects going on there...plus you have the southerly flow (albeit light) coming off of downtown Indy.  I don't know...interesting stuff.  Even though it's farther south, the airport is a bit more removed from the city as you all know.

Both here and DTW we had 1.3" of sugar this evening. Roads a nightmare as the snow is like a 10-1 ratio type of powder. The landscape is gorgeous though as this new snow is falling with no wind, so the drifty landscape now has a nice velvety look. Dry slot overhead....onto round two in a couple hours when I will be sleeping lol.

I've got about .25 of this messy s@#t.  The streets are atrocious.  My pine trees are leaning.  Lights occasionally flickering.   I'm going back to bed  :facepalm:

Congrats...you might jackpot for ice or close to it if your temps don't rise too much. 

Winds look to pick up some tomorrow which could cause some issues in areas that get enough ice.

Hard to know for sure what's going on given few recent reports but it may be that icing is limited or only occurring in pockets across C IN right now.  Some areas north of the ice storm warning area may actually end up coming in with warning criteria ice, but likely not widespread.

Archived