1/7 - 1/9 Clipper system

SpartyOn

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol, unbelievable.

I've come to expect it at this point.  :lol:

I-65 sounds bad

UPDATE...DECIDED TO UPGRADE NORTHERN THIRD OF THE FORECAST AREA TO   A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR BLOWING SNOW AFTER RECEIVING TRUCKER   REPORTS OF MISERABLE DRIVING CONDITIONS ON I-65 NORTH OF LAFAYETTE.   ANTICIPATE CONDITIONS ONLY WORSEN WITH ARRIVAL OF THE ARCTIC FRONT   OVERNIGHT. BIGGEST PROBLEMS WILL BE IN RURAL LOCALES. NEAR WHITEOUT   CONDITIONS EXPECTED.  

Had 2.5" here on 0.15" liquid. A solid 4" of powder on the ground plus velvety drifts (though it wasnt as bad as I thought it would be wind-wise) and now the plowed snowbanks are beginning. We went from "when will it ever snow?" less than a week ago to full-blown mid-winter landscape. No big storms yet, but a glistening winter wonderland makes me very happy :).

DTW had 2.4", FNT had 1.9", & DTX had 3.0". Overall it would seem that majority of the area had 2-3".

Crazy here in GR. Wind 15- 20, gusting to 30, heavy snow. Just went for a walk and there were already some good drifts. Where is Blackrock? He is getting nailed even harder in Spring Lake. Muskegon appears to be the worst/best.

Hey, I'm here. :) Made it home safely this evening after an insane commute home. There were cars in ditches all over the place. It has been dumping here. I may have almost 3 feet on the ground by the time this all ends. I hope so.

Writing this one down as 3.0" total in my snow log, 21" season total now, my average is 38" so not doing too bad with a couple months of winter to go yet.

Aw man. An avg. of 38 inches? I would hate winters there. Our average of 100 inches a winter here sometimes isn't enough for me. lol

That sounds a bit low (DTW avg is 42.7") but then again maybe its because you are in  spot that rarely gets any LES?

Yep I am in the lake effect doughnut hole of the entire state, although some of that looks worse than it is by being in a radar hole here, lol I've been working on better identifying snow in my radar hole the last few days since I got 1.5" a day or 2 ago from that insane band that was going from Traverse City to Detroit with 0 returns over my location lol it is my new obsession to master the doughnut hole.

We picked up another 0.4" overnight. Storm total is 2.9" on 0.16" liquid, snow depth is 4" with plenty of drifts. DTW finished at 2.8", White Lake 3.2"....it really seems like everyone was clustered in that 2.5-3.5" range, though Im sure there were some isolated totals as low as 2" and as high as 4". Really, for the first time in I cant remember when, the models were pretty consistent leading up to the event, and the event performed about exactly as expected. Didnt underperform, didnt overperform. If only all storms could be so lucky lol.

Had just under and inch with the clipper and 3.5" of lake snow last night.  Not the most favorable fetch for my area (Damn the Keweenaw).

Snow depth is now 37".

M-28 between Marquette and Munising closed for a third time in a week.  Noticed some depths east of Munising in big snow country between 40-50".... pretty impressive for mid January.

Archived