Chicago Storm

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You just couldn't help yourself lol

lol

Haha he said it :)

I'm sure I'll be buried as usual

lol ... pretty solid call as usual alek...whether rooted in pessimism or realism...pretty spot on

I know it means quite little given this particular setup....but there will also be a healthy fresh snowpack laid out to the NW ... again, not of the utmost importance, but certainly isn't going to hurt matters when it comes to the CAA

Do you know what that blue line means? Do you know where Chicago is?

Those maps show QPF meaning what already fell with a snapshot of the 850mb temps. That is a common misconception that people see QPF behind 0 at 850mb and think it automatically means it snowed in the previous time period.

Those maps show QPF meaning what already fell with a snapshot of the 850mb temps. That is a common misconception that people see QPF behind 0 at 850mb and think it automatically means it snowed in the previous time period.

Yeah, with the temp lines it's their position at the end of said 6hr or 12hr period, while the QPF is the total within that period.

Blend them together and it would be perfect for me...

Don't have much confidence in any of the models right now. This time tomorrow should clear things up.

Wouldn't be suprised for a large number of Watches to be posted and then moved/canceled throughout the day as the track finalizes.

Quite the difference in placement of the snow band between the WRF-NMM and WRF-ARW.

attachicon.gifsnow48.gif

Archived