• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Christmas Grinch Storm Part 2

Chicago Storm

As far as how much of this will stick in the areas that get snow, I think back on 11/29/2011 here.  Had a high of 58 on the 27th and a lot of rain right before the snow.  Had to rely on dynamic cooling but it changed to snow and we managed a few inches here with temps in the 33-34 range through the event.  Heaviest band of snow fell in N IN and into MI where they had 6+.

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as how much of this will stick in the areas that get snow, I think back on 11/29/2011 here.  Had a high of 58 on the 27th and a lot of rain right before the snow.  Had to rely on dynamic cooling but it changed to snow and we managed a few inches here with temps in the 33-34 range through the event.  Heaviest band of snow fell in N IN and into MI where they had 6+.

just my experience but when thermals get sketchy, it's all about rate, getting into a heavy band right after changeover is key to build a base for accumulation

Maybe a downstream benchmark of sorts to keep an eye on as this gets going is whether the surface low solidly gets into the Gulf.  If it does then it may make the far western tracks harder to come by.

+1

To me that's the most significant piece.  The deepening will occur, but the track will ultimately determine how deep and E/W shifting.

Wow I didn't think my last post would ire the great chi storm :D I love your insight, and wish you would post more actually. I just think the Euro has been more consistent on it's track from around toledo up lake huron. not that it's latest track is good for MBY it shows the main band of snow in western mi. I am well aware of the rgem/pgfs/hires nam being on the far western solutions right now. all I can say is the model spread is really wide still being only 54hrs or so out.

I've cut back as time has gone on. Really depends on what's going on for if I post much. It was consistent on that track until this run, when it jumped to the western (and now main) camp. Nice consensus for a track up through C. Indiana.

My gut feeling is the 12km NAM adjusts northwestward and matches the Euro/GFS/etc in coming runs, while the 4km NAM/RGEM squeeze southeast.  2-5" swath along a line that I mentioned a few posts above is my first shot.

A little gunshy about placement but I like that range for now.  I'd be surprised if it's less than that but wouldn't be surprised if there's a heavier band somewhere.

Cyclone gets plastered with the 4km NAM.

attachicon.gifhires_ref_mw_46.png

attachicon.gifhires_ref_mw_49.png

Talk about a dream scenario for this area.  Wow.  Wallpaper material right there.  Such a tease.

EDIT:  Speaking of plastered, if a scenario like this misses just east again I'll probably be getting plastered Wednesday night lol.

Archived