• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mansour
    Newest Member
    mansour
djr5001

Central PA & Fringes - December-January 2014-15

Speaking of dynamic cooling Some here may remember the Surprise Christmas snow sometime in the 2000's. Was suppose to be a mainly rain event ending with little snow. The rained changed to heavy snow mid morning and received in LSV around 5 inches of heavy wet snow and temps were in upper 30's at the change over. Not saying this is the same but temps dropped by like 5 degrees when it changed over to heavy snow.

I think that was 2002 if I remember correctly and I don't have the greatest memory in the world, but I could have swore we had more like 8"-10" in our parts. We lost power for most of the day and had bologna sandwiches for our Christmas dinner. 

I think it was that year, I was off and had trouble getting home from parents  and even up my driveway. Caught everyone off guard.

Still can remember seeing the rain change to heavy snow mid morning and saying  what??

It was a nice surprise at Christmas.

We had conversational snow for about 40 minutes. The temp wet bulbed to 33 but its now all rain and the temp is back up to 35 in New Salem. Roads are fine with illogical amount of salt poured on them by the DOT.

Steady, light snow -- all snow -- falling here in Carlisle.  It started about 45 minutes ago.  Temp down to 33.9, dew point 30.6.  As the heavier stuff gets going I expect the temp to make it down to 32 pretty quickly.  No accumulations as of the moment.