• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Dec 9-10 storm threat

ORH_wxman

I think it would be more interesting to compare an inland location like ORH or CON because the are not subject to the variations of being so close to the coastline.  I have to drive to BOS tomorrow for a flight to JFK. Booked a train also because I expect many delays and cancellations tomorrow afternoon.  I would like to leave home  after a morning walking in heavy snow and then drive on a plowed salted 93 south.

Well I can only compare sites that actually have RAOBs or balloon launches.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those up near Albany, I've put together a HRRR forecast sounding animation that should update each new model cycle... still looks like a warm nose tries to get in here around 1200 UTC before the precip starts. Note that its below freezing at the surface though, so probably a freezing rain/sleet mix given the relatively weak nature of the warm nose... I image if precip rates increase later in the day there is potential for dynamical cooling to cut into the warm nose. 

http://www.atmos.albany.edu/student/ppapin/lb13_img/hrrr/hrrr_snd.php

Here is what it looks like a 1200 UTC:

zY7kPqF.png

Changed my trip to the city to Thursday...might still be some action then, but probably do-able. Also bringing my Mom and friends down with me so they can have an xmas shopping day. :)  We'll have to see if this second coming gives us much more, or if its even real. But several models have had that kind of idea on various runs.

Impressive round 2 on the NAM. Another model run, another possibility. Insane LOA (lack of agreement).

Neat to see the NAM come in cooler even if it is wacky with the 925-950 temps.  I think the 18z showed warmth there as well--at least when I ran some skew-t's for the Pit it appeared it had them.

The ZFP is calling for 4-8".  If the NAM's right, that might play out.  I wonder how the weathertap winter radar will do picking up p-type.  I think I can guess the answer.

Good luck folks--off to bed.

Archived