• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Dec 9-10 storm threat

ORH_wxman

The weird thing about the NECN snow map is that during the forecast the simulated radar they use doesn't support snow amounts anywhere near that high.  It looked like rain up through to Burlington, VT through the first half of the discussion.  Then up comes the snow map with 6-12 inches for Montpellier to Burlington.

Map is through PM Thurs., so maybe...

But I doubt.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need the ULL to tuck under CT/LI for a time in order to get a few inches. Otherwise it's just going to be scattered stuff and no real accumulation.

Some guidance tries to do this before drifting it north but it's close. Some guidance doesn't get it far enough east.

Don't get your hopes up with ULL snows.

I'm not locking anything in..i just have a gut feeling many places get some snow out of it. There's a lot of energy pivoting around and there's a few embedded sw/s that may help enhance things..We'll see how it all shakes out

I will say I bet there's a zone or 2(who knows where in SNE) that sees 3-6 inches of "surprise" snow

It's funny reading Tolland getting more positive and PF 300 miles to his north getting more negative! This is a nowcasting event, there are going to be surprises, good and bad. Book it.

Well he's talking about today with the WAA snow. Everything with that has trended warmer..so he's correct. it started as zr just about everywhere. 

I'm referring to what happens later tomorrow evening into Friday

Well he's talking about today with the WAA snow. Everything with that has trended warmer..so he's correct. it started as zr just about everywhere. 

I'm referring to what happens later tomorrow evening into Friday

Yeah its essentially 2 different events.

I think the ULL will surprise someone, just you never know until its actually happening.  Someone may pull a quick 3-6" out of that alone, most likely somewhere in upstate NY but I could see it wrapping into SNE/CNE.  NNE will ironically be the last place to scour the warmth out once it gets there.

I think the areas that were marginal are going to be cooked, The obs down where you guys are in SNE are not very ispiring even out towards the berks and that area had been modeled for the most part to have some decent snow, Its amazing how fast the mid levels are getting torched

NAM has had some great run to run consistency, lol. 

Prior to 12z tomorrow the 6z run had around 0.7" of liquid equiv...now the 12z run has 2.2" prior to 12z tomorrow.

So not only is this a struggle to forecast p-type, the impacts could be vastly different based on the quantity that falls.  Even 0.5-0.7" LE of IP/ZR on the mountain would be much different than over 2" worth of it, haha.  That NAM run is like a crippling ice storm for someone up this way.

Yeah its essentially 2 different events.

I think the ULL will surprise someone, just you never know until its actually happening.  Someone may pull a quick 3-6" out of that alone, most likely somewhere in upstate NY but I could see it wrapping into SNE/CNE.  NNE will ironically be the last place to scour the warmth out once it gets there.

It very well could be snowing in and around NYC while it's raining in parts of NNE

Archived