joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Med/Long Range Disco

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, safe to say the signaling is pretty strong. Now, the cold has gotta show up. I'd even take marginal 32 at this point.

Verbatim the setup is another retreating shallow cold hp. Surface is below freezing on saturday morning but 850's are +3. lol

Not worth getting too detailed obviously. All models now show some sort of miller A at the same time. Temp problems are a given with the pattern leading in.

Well, verbatim it has to because the only sub 0c 850's in the entire conus are on the nw side of the lp from MO to TX.

finally looking at the maps myself, there ain't a shot in he!! that we could get snow out of that IF that day 10 prog was right

what I find interesting is, however, how another seemingly strong short waves comes 2 or 3 days before it and the Euro just dampens it out....don't recall any of the short waves doing that this year, but who knows

The 12z gefs was a pretty big jump compared to the last 3+ runs. The trend has been similar but this run was a bigger move than you normally see. It's either a hiccup or catching onto something. 

I really like the member plots for the AO/EPO. 

post-2035-0-50458000-1418243624_thumb.jp

post-2035-0-60129000-1418243639_thumb.jp

Euro ens are done yet but I hope they at least agree with the trend. 

The 12z gefs was a pretty big jump compared to the last 3+ runs. The trend has been similar but this run was a bigger move than you normally see. It's either a hiccup or catching onto something. 

I really like the member plots for the AO/EPO. 

Euro ens are done yet but I hope they at least agree with the trend. 

The 12z Euro ENS again take till day 13+ to get the ridge in the west going.  It's like Groundhog Day.  Agree/Disagree?  I would settle for getting inside 300 hours as a victory.

The 12z Euro ENS again take till day 13+ to get the ridge in the west going.  It's like Groundhog Day.  Agree/Disagree?  I would settle for getting inside 300 hours as a victory.

I see timing remaining set  in time and not moving backwards. I went back though the last 4 ensemble runs. There are variances in the height patterns but everything looks on track. The western ridge starts building behind the sw entering the west coast around the 20th+/-.

Euro ens support the coastal idea. Mean track from the fl panhandle-sc coast-obx-se of the benchmark. 

There are a few members in there that have big time snows. Also the control run, has a miller B and transfers a bit too late and has the LOW coming up through NJ-NY then new england. It has a nice HP in place also.Am I right?

There are a few members in there that have big time snows. Also the control run, has a miller B and transfers a bit too late and has the LOW coming up through NJ-NY then new england. It has a nice HP in place also.Am I right?

I don't look at the control run. The mean shows hp sliding east as the storm approaches. Assuming there is a storm and the high slides east, it's a bad setup for snow.

Archived