• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate NY/North Country + adjacent ON, QC, VT: End of Fall/Into Winter!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Brian, Not sure I called you by your first name before but noticed it off of George's posts. What a nice snowstorm! I think we end up with 15" to 20" by Friday morning if we can tack on another 6" or so tonight and then nickel/dime stuff thereafter. I am going to guess Phoenix runs a two hour delay tomorrow to dig out from round 2. I actually can't blame them for running normal schedule today with 3 to 6 forecasted by the locals.

Hey! Yeah I can see why there was school today, the locals were decidedly under forecasting conditions. KBUF had an Advisory out for Oswego County, which I thought was odd with a snow map showing 10-14" total accumulation...granted, over two days or so. My son said there were reports of buses getting stuck...not sure where or even if that's accurate. Conditions were pretty sh*tty all day today, certainly no real lulls in the storm here, as many were forecasting what sounded almost like occasional snow showers.

The newest NAM has the current precip going until early afternoon tomorrow for CNY(much longer for WNY) and then has another batch dive down on Friday evening as a last gasp. It gives the region 3-5 more inches from midnight tonight until the end of the run. As much as we've bashed it on here, it has had this storm nailed since that funky 18z run on Monday even as the other short range models tried to fizzle the entire thing out.

The newest NAM has the current precip going until early afternoon tomorrow for CNY(much longer for WNY) and then has another batch dive down on Friday evening as a last gasp. It gives the region 3-5 more inches from midnight tonight until the end of the run. As much as we've bashed it on here, it has had this storm nailed since that funky 18z run on Monday even as the other short range models tried to fizzle the entire thing out.

Will be interesting to see if a round 3 is developing over ENY right now and into tomorrow. Probably won't be as intense as what we've seen to this point, but I'm expecting spokes of precip to generate and continue rotating westward over the next day or so. Too bad that huge feed of moisture that is inundating Maine and New Brunswick couldn't rotate its way this far west.

Hey! Yeah I can see why there was school today, the locals were decidedly under forecasting conditions. KBUF had an Advisory out for Oswego County, which I thought was odd with a snow map showing 10-14" total accumulation...granted, over two days or so. My son said there were reports of buses getting stuck...not sure where or even if that's accurate. Conditions were pretty sh*tty all day today, certainly no real lulls in the storm here, as many were forecasting what sounded almost like occasional snow showers.

Where are you located Gravestone Doji?

Can't wait to see some of the reports up in WNY from some of you guys. Really nice enhancement it seems that on radar last hour or two. Places just east of Buffalo are cashing in now while northern Buffalo and city proper will get in on the really good stuff rotating out of Ontario in about an hour. Fun night. Enjoy the snow. I'm enjoying my close to 0.5" right now in southern PA so it feels wintery again

Can't wait to see some of the reports up in WNY from some of you guys. Really nice enhancement it seems that on radar last hour or two. Places just east of Buffalo are cashing in now while northern Buffalo and city proper will get in on the really good stuff rotating out of Ontario in about an hour. Fun night. Enjoy the snow. I'm enjoying my close to 0.5" right now in southern PA so it feels wintery again

7.2 in North Buffalo when I left for work around 8:15 AM.

Non-WX: traffic was a total cluster this morning. It's like Buffalonians forget how to drive in the snow for the first few weeks of winter.

I'm just glad it wasn't a big whooper event or else we could've been ****ed, took me 40 mins just to cross the skyway earlier this morning and it was barely touched.. Side streets were a different story lol

Archived