joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Friday first snowfall (Analysis & Obs)

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plain rain continues at 6'. Not looking good for first flakes here based on the radar as we already saw the best rates we will prob see

Agreed, looking like all rain here...Not upset or anything though. Didn't have high expectations with this system. Noticed Joe Cioffi seems to be quite bullish with a lot of systems over on facebook. Won't call him wrong yet though....

Plain rain continues at 6'. Not looking good for first flakes here based on the radar as we already saw the best rates we will prob see

Maybe if you drove a block north at 10 feet there could be some snow?  ;)

38 here and looks like just rain.  Radar returns are lit up overhead, but the rain isn't especially heavy.  Maybe melting isn't too far above and we'll get a few flakes to the surface soon.

Maybe if you drove a block north at 10 feet there could be some snow? ;)

38 here and looks like just rain. Radar returns are lit up overhead, but the rain isn't especially heavy. Maybe melting isn't too far above and we'll get a few flakes to the surface soon.

Funny you say that a block north is about ten feet. And yes the radar is picking up the melting snow at I would think about 400'. I'm sure janes hill is squeezing out some flakes right now

Always wondered over the years...why do you guys call a walk outside a "jebwalk"?

It's been lightly raining with a few flakes mixing in for the past hour or so in Woodbridge. Temps in the mid 30's still.

Jebman

19 Feb 2006

"I went on a beach trip to Nags Head, NC on Oct 10 to 14 in 2003, with my friends. While I was there I took dozens of beach walks. I like to be called Jeb or even Jebbie.

After watching me taking many beach walks in 77/64 conditions there in Nags Head, my friends started calling my beach walks jebwalks. At first the term jebwalk was used to refer to beach walks, but then I started referring to all walks as jebwalks, especially walks enjoyed on snow and in raging snowstorms.

Anyone can take a jebwalk. A jebwalk is basically an ordinary walk, I just call them jebwalks. All you need is a good road to walk on and a good set of CD headphones to blast your favorite headbanging music on at near full blast. The best jebwalks are those enjoyed under 35dBZ snow bands with strong winds and/or taken in 12 or more inches of snow on the ground.

You can also check out this page on the EUSWX Wiki, I'll be developing that page with time."

I'm in Long Island and is interesting to look at the snow rain line. It seems the ocean warm temperatures play a big part on this. The line is right where the continent meets the ocean and won' get past that. 

Yup, too much marine and UHI influence from the city on east. The warm Sound probably hurt a lot too without dynamics to overcome it. 

Archived