EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
November Med/Long Range Disco

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surface is good, right around freezing right up to the Bay. 850s -4C for I-95.

And, just for fun, it shows 5-7" for the cities.

Thanks! I'm guessing that's a step better than op? In other words, the tropicaltibits snow map would verify?

Instantweathermaps has many of us on the edge from the op. Various precip types through the event to go along with it. http://www.instantweathermaps.com/GFS-php/showmap-conussfc.php?run=2014110618&time=PER&var=ASNOWI&hour=204

The reason is instantweathermaps shows 850 temps above freezing for the whole event. I don't know why that is...

NCEP ftp has them in grib format

Oy...don't care that much yet. 

Instantweathermaps has many of us on the edge from the op. Various precip types through the event to go along with it. http://www.instantweathermaps.com/GFS-php/showmap-conussfc.php?run=2014110618&time=PER&var=ASNOWI&hour=204

That's the standard GFS. 

Somewhere around 15 euro members have a storm with decent precip in our area in the d8-11 time frame. Not much of a signal with member low placement plots but enough to keep it interesting.

Models are still resolving the midweek frontal passage. Can't really expect much clarity yet. Odds of rain or dry are much higher than any frozen.

Yawn. Just coming out of hibernation. Anything happen in the last 8 months? I heard someone say cold and snow--that's my alarm clock! So really the signals are about as good as one can hope for over the next few weeks? Seems like it. Love to score early and often...

You would think we'd get used to dancing to the D-10 tune and getting kicked in the throat halfway to the promised land. Call me when this is 3-5 days out.

Might as well have reality kick us in the collective nutsack in November than when it really matters. That way, we'll be numb in the nether regions by the time we start thinking we have a shot at a white Christmas.

I think it's a display issue at the site where those graphics are being obtained.    If you look at precip type forecasts at the NCEP site    mageval.ncep.noaa.gov     it's clear that the model post-processed precip type during that time period is snow.

First issue with the Parallel GFS....The precip type charts show the precip type is rain for the day 9-10 low, but if you click snowfall accumulations it shows snowfall.....maybe something to pick up on now so that people don't get confused later. Wonder if it is a coding issue.

00z GFS further south with it but looks like we eventually get some overrunning. Funny thing is it is not that far off from the February 2 1996 setup, just not as cold.

Remember the old gfs saying ....

s&E... Just where you want it lol.

Archived