Newest Member
    mowsee447
November Med/Long Range Disco

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

last night's Euro (it says 0Z)

like a dagger in the heart to us weenies....you're a failed moderator.....I hope your camera shutter breaks!!!

good call (first part); funny how Mike Masco just posted the image not too long ago.

It's actually a really nice pattern.  Think we'll have some fun storms and perler vertex invasions to watch coming up. 

Jokes aside, it's a great pattern on both the gfs and euro. Euro hangs the vort back more but both setups are very capable of a decent to significant lp system out in front. Especially the euro. The confluence above kinda says MA special to me....and you know that thing is closing off and going bowling

post-2035-0-83980500-1415388293_thumb.gi

Jokes aside, it's a great pattern on both the gfs and euro. Euro hangs the vort back more but both setups are very capable of a decent to significant lp system out in front. Especially the euro. The confluence above kinda says MA special to me....and you know that thing is closing off and going bowling

attachicon.giftasty.GIF

There does appear to be quite a bit of confluence ahead so I would agree... hope not too much ;)

At least it looks like some cold air is on the way... any snow is an added bonus

attachicon.giftasty.GIF

Isn't that the Euro bias on display?

Isn't that the Euro bias on display?

I'm not sure in this case. Euro likes to hang things back in the 4 corners after they come ashore. This is energy riding down the back of the ridge. I'm not too focused on shortwaves on op runs. We'll likely see all kinds of wacky solutions as things get sorted out. 

The more interesting thing is the GFS and Euro both show a decent h5 pattern for some sort of lp to develop out in front. Goes along with the ensemble runs having a nice blocked and amped pattern. And it looks like this type of pattern has legs. This is just the beginning of it. 

It would be an interesting combination of very cold air for Nov and the ATL still being quite warm if a miller A took a coastal track, ingredients are there for a big storm. We really don't get this kind of airmass around here in Nov. It's pretty impressive. I'm not saying I expect a miller A or big storm. But the proverbial table seems to want to get set. Well, at least the knives and forks are on the table.  

Euro ensembles has a decent signal for precip running up from the south d9-10. Checking the members paints a big mix of tracks. Some west and some favorable. No cluster of decent lows off the coast. But a step better than last nights. Should be a fun period for op runs for the next week or so. 

Archived