Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
November Med/Long Range Disco

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems from reading all of the posts that we have a pretty legit cold period coming. I have to confess I haven't gotten into model watching much thus far.

Pretty awesome flip from the mild Sept/oct pattern coming up. Climo lolz at snow for the next month but it's prob one of the best Nov patterns we've seen in a long time to squeeze in an anomaly. Your yard in particular. Can't wait for the pics when my yard is wet and dreary

Pretty awesome flip from the mild Sept/oct pattern coming up. Climo lolz at snow for the next month but it's prob one of the best Nov patterns we've seen in a long time to squeeze in an anomaly. Your yard in particular. Can't wait for the pics when my yard is wet and dreary

I have mixed feelings about this for the reasons you point out. We can get snow this early but to what end? To see it gone the next day? I'd prefer the mild weather last another 14 days. By turkey day we can all do snow and do it right. Of course by the first of Dec it's game on.

I have mixed feelings about this for the reasons you point out. We can get snow this early but to what end? To see it gone the next day? I'd prefer the mild weather last another 14 days. By turkey day we can all do snow and do it right. Of course by the first of Dec it's game on.

I'm leaning towards this particular flip being a harbinger of what's to come vs wasting good in bad climo. At least in the temp dept. Snow is tricky at 3 day leads let alone 3 weeks or months

Agreed.. unless it's going to last at least 36 hours I say bag it. It's not like we don't have hundreds of chances for snow in any given winter.

:lol:

Good to see you back here. You always make me laugh.

You know what I mean. Because we don't get many chances, I'd rather they come Dec-early Feb. Of course, we have no control over any of it. So...

I'm leaning towards this particular flip being a harbinger of what's to come vs wasting good in bad climo. At least in the temp dept. Snow is tricky at 3 day leads let alone 3 weeks or months

Might just be me getting old, but I enjoyed today a lot more than I did Sunday.

I don't think any snow around this time would be gone the next day unless it got really warm. In terms of sun angle its better than anything in March and most of February. As far as actually getting snow I have no idea, but IMHO it would actually be more extreme in the long term if we do NOT get any accumulating snow this month, as it would be the longest period ever without any accumulating snow in Nov. (at least for BWI)... mean reversion and all that. We were about to break the record for consecutive March snow drought, and then 2013/2014 happened, so...

I don't think any snow around this time would be gone the next day unless it got really warm. In terms of sun angle its better than anything in March and most of February. As far as actually getting snow I have no idea, but IMHO it would actually be more extreme in the long term if we do NOT get any accumulating snow this month, as it would be the longest period ever without any accumulating snow in Nov. (at least for BWI)... mean reversion and all that. We were about to break the record for consecutive March snow drought, and then 2013/2014 happened, so...

Well, one thing to remember.........on Nov. 5 you have extremely warm ground temps.  Those don't cool until December usually.  The Oct 29 snow of 2011 put down 6" of snow at my house.  It was gone, completely by the next afternoon.

Well, one thing to remember.........on Nov. 5 you have extremely warm ground temps.  Those don't cool until December usually.  The Oct 29 snow of 2011 put down 6" of snow at my house.  It was gone, completely by the next afternoon.

At least we have one less hour of sunlight as of Sunday

So what is it gonna take to get some precip when it gets colder? Something like last year I would imagine. A wave to show up along the boundary. I see fantasy land Euro has something (or 2) that are small events, but they are WAYYYYYY OUT! 

just sayin'

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/44761-november-discussion/?p=3112878

Day 10 Euro has been like the Day 1 NAM the last couple years.  That said, I said a week ago that I had a gut feeling that many of us outside the cities would see a little accumulation this month and the way the pattern looks mid-late next week, I think that has a decent chance to verify.  I think more likely that means some overnight light SHSN that gives folks a dusting then a broad area of 1-3" or 2-4".

Archived