mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
November Med/Long Range Disco

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The day 7-8 "event" doesn't have much euro ensemble support. GEFS likes the wave riding the front idea so there is a bit of a war there. Further down the line looks more interesting but nothing worth thinking too hard about.

Yup, that's where I'm at now.   Weekend looks cold, with some showers possible.  Can't get too juiced up about this.  yet.  

Have "something" to track - whether it is a fantasy or not, is better than boring cold and dry on the models! But ya - there is support of several runs but I just wonder about how this will play out - who (if anyone) gets precip- and with the time of year if wet flakes become wet rain at the boundary! BUT IT IS FUNNER than nothing!

Yup, that's where I'm at now.   Weekend looks cold, with some showers possible.  Can't get too juiced up about this.  yet.  

d9-15 looks much better with the lw pattern. The ridging in AK pushes poleward and the trough in the conus narrows while the axis shifts into a favorable location compared to d7-9. There's also lower heights all the way down into Mexico. To me this implies the possibility of split flow during the period.

The fun part is how stable the pattern appears. The vortex in Canada could sit and spin for a while so multiple spokes could drop down while the blocking remains in place. I know how rare Nov snow is but if you are going to get it, this is one of the patterns that can do it. At least for somebody out of the mountains and south of 40. 

post-2035-0-12944800-1415374049_thumb.gi

The real fun begins when the blocking ends up too strong and SC gets their second event of the year before Dec 1st while we enjoy blue skies and windy cold/dry air. 

d9-15 looks much better with the lw pattern. The ridging in AK pushes poleward and the trough in the conus narrows while the axis shifts into a favorable location compared to d7-9. There's also lower heights all the way down into Mexico. To me this implies the possibility of split flow during the period.

The fun part is how stable the pattern appears. The vortex in Canada could sit and spin for a while so multiple spokes could drop down while the blocking remains in place. I know how rare Nov snow is but if you are going to get it, this is one of the patterns that can do it. At least for somebody out of the mountains and south of 40. 

attachicon.gifeuro11.19.GIF

The real fun begins when the blocking ends up too strong and SC gets their second event of the year before Dec 1st while we enjoy blue skies and windy cold/dry air. 

you mean royal blue skies to match our royal screw job under those circumstances

See your good at trolling JK  :yikes:

See your good at trolling JK  :yikes:

lol

Where are all of the middle grounders...all we have are weenies trying to make it snow 10 days out and people working hard to tell them it can't and won't...i need me some vanilla...too much c and s not enough v

I just said that the pattern is capable of producing Nov snow. If this was December I would be freaking out a little. But it isn't so I'm not. 

Dang that pattern is tasty.  And that's a full week after the big ARCTIC BOMB-FROPA OF POLAR VORTEX DOOM next week.  

That sort of longwave pattern is a naturally very stable one.  It seems the odds are good that we're going to have a long duration of a strong -AO.  

Where are all of the middle grounders...all we have are weenies trying to make it snow 10 days out and people working hard to tell them it can't and won't...i need me some vanilla...too much c and s not enough v

I am a perpetual middle grounder. Easier than taking a stand. 

It might snow or might not. 

Given the calendar, I think our best shot at some widespread light accumulation is something more like the POS strung-out mess the 12z GFS is showing for Day 7-8.  A big wound up storm would probably bring in too much warmth of the Atlantic and torch the low-level temps.  

Archived