joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
ULL 10/31 - 11/1 Obvs Thread

burgertime

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been watching it too   :lol:  It's just to my north and I believe I just witnessed a few flakes mixing in. The rain in ruining my black construction paper I use for verification   :P

LOL..you need to get a bright spot light..makes it a lot easier. I got one of those super bright ones that you can see a half mile with and it's awesome watching snow with and seeing what's what. :snowman:

That blob near columbia is amazing to see..I know it's just bright banding like earlier in the upstate but it makes it look almost like an inland tropical system. I hope you are under that and get the changeover.

Still seeing a few flurries It was coming down quite good for a few hours here but drier air has done a number on precip here the last hour or two. There has been more or less constant light snow or flurries since around 3am or so. I got what I would consider a light dusting on the vehicles a few times before it would ease up and melted. Just never cooled down enough here for it to stick much. Will see if that back end can pivot through here and give me something But either way I'm thrilled I got anything.

That blob near columbia is amazing to see..I know it's just bright banding like earlier in the upstate but it makes it look almost like an inland tropical system. I hope you are under that and get the changeover.

Well, since part of this system is part of former Hurricane Ana that grazed Hawaii last week... :D

LOL..you need to get a bright spot light..makes it a lot easier. I got one of those super bright ones that you can see a half mile with and it's awesome watching snow with and seeing what's what. :snowman:

Still seeing a few flurries It was coming down quite good for a few hours here but drier air has done a number on precip here the last hour or two. There has been more or less constant light snow or flurries since around 3am or so. I got what I would consider a light dusting on the vehicles a few times before it would ease up and melted. Just never cooled down enough here for it to stick much. Will see if that back end can pivot through here and give me something But either way I'm thrilled I got anything.

That blob is amazing....lol    I'm glad you got to watch the flakes fly :wub:  

I am currently monitoring the snow falling from the sky :wub:  

Congrats to those getting in on an early snow. Good call from Lookout last night with pinpointing the specific area.

Here's a lone thunderbolt in upstate SC...based on the scale, it says this one occurred roughly 2 hours ago. Thought there would be more of this.

2i8vsrk.gif

I was up for that! You are correct, it was right around 520 AM! I was looking out the window at the snow and saw the flash, then heard the thunder! 3 rd time I've ever experienced THUNDERSNOW !

I bet Augusta eventually switches over...they have sfc wet bulb at 36 deg...Greenwood to Columbia to Augusta should have continued snow potential for next few hours.

That big blob is just to my north by about 10 miles  :lol:   My sis in law has her deck covered, she lives in Lexington toward Red Bank. I've got about a 50/50 mix of some light stuff, but it sure is beautiful to watch  :wub: 

It has to be about to switch over to all snow around Lexington... wish I was there right now. This will make about 5 winter storms in a row where some how Greenville,Greenwood, and Columbia outperform my backyard. I think I need to move.

Not a flake nor a drop of rain here. Amazing but the models had it pegged for mby.

I bet Augusta eventually switches over...they have sfc wet bulb at 36 deg...Greenwood to Columbia to Augusta should have continued snow potential for next few hours.

I'm in Greenwood and the snow is still falling at a good clip. It should get very interesting should it snow for much longer as the trees are starting to bend to near breaking point. I can already hear some of the branches cracking. Yikes!  

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE COLUMBIA SC
744 AM EDT SAT NOV 1 2014

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 AM EDT THIS
MORNING...

GAZ040-063>065-SCZ018-020-021-025>028-030-011500-
/O.NEW.KCAE.WW.Y.0003.141101T1144Z-141101T1500Z/
LINCOLN-MCDUFFIE-COLUMBIA-RICHMOND-MCCORMICK-NEWBERRY-FAIRFIELD-
EDGEFIELD-SALUDA-LEXINGTON-RICHLAND-AIKEN-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...LINCOLNTON...THOMSON...MARTINEZ...
EVANS...AUGUSTA...HEPHZIBAH...MCCORMICK...NEWBERRY...WINNSBORO...
EDGEFIELD...JOHNSTON...SALUDA...RIDGE SPRING...WEST COLUMBIA...
CAYCE...LEXINGTON...RED BANK...COLUMBIA...SAVANNAH RIVER SITE...
AIKEN...NORTH AUGUSTA

MORNING...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN COLUMBIA HAS ISSUED A WINTER WEATHER
ADVISORY FOR A MIXTURE OF RAIN AND SNOW...WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL
11 AM EDT THIS MORNING.

* LOCATIONS...MOST OF THE CENTRAL AND WESTERN MIDLANDS...ALONG
WITH THE CENTRAL SAVANNAH RIVER AREA.

* HAZARD TYPES...A MIXTURE OF RAIN AND SNOW...WITH LIGHT
ACCUMULATIONS POSSIBLE ON GRASSY AND ELEVATED SURFACES.

* ACCUMULATIONS...SNOW ACCUMULATION OF LESS THAN AN INCH.

* TIMING...RAIN MIXED WITH SNOW SHOWERS THROUGH 11 AM EDT THIS MORNING.

* IMPACTS...THE COMBINATION OF WET SNOW AND INCREASING WINDS COULD
PRODUCE ISOLATED TREE AND POWER LINE DAMAGE. ROAD SURFACES MAY
SEE LIGHT ACCUMULATION.

I'm in Greenwood and the snow is still falling at a good clip. It should get very interesting should it snow for much longer as the trees are starting to bend to near breaking point. I can already hear some of the branches cracking. Yikes!  

Who cares, let 'em fall, it's snowing in Nov!   :lol:  Thanks for the post.  Keep 'em coming.  Curious as to how intense the rates get in that area.

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE COLUMBIA SC

MORNING...

GAZ040-063>065-SCZ018-020-021-025>028-030-011500-

/O.NEW.KCAE.WW.Y.0003.141101T1144Z-141101T1500Z/

LINCOLN-MCDUFFIE-COLUMBIA-RICHMOND-MCCORMICK-NEWBERRY-FAIRFIELD-

EDGEFIELD-SALUDA-LEXINGTON-RICHLAND-AIKEN-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...LINCOLNTON...THOMSON...MARTINEZ...

EVANS...AUGUSTA...HEPHZIBAH...MCCORMICK...NEWBERRY...WINNSBORO...

EDGEFIELD...JOHNSTON...SALUDA...RIDGE SPRING...WEST COLUMBIA...

CAYCE...LEXINGTON...RED BANK...COLUMBIA...SAVANNAH RIVER SITE...

AIKEN...NORTH AUGUSTA

MORNING...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN COLUMBIA HAS ISSUED A WINTER WEATHER

ADVISORY FOR A MIXTURE OF RAIN AND SNOW...WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL

11 AM EDT THIS MORNING.

* LOCATIONS...MOST OF THE CENTRAL AND WESTERN MIDLANDS...ALONG

WITH THE CENTRAL SAVANNAH RIVER AREA.

* HAZARD TYPES...A MIXTURE OF RAIN AND SNOW...WITH LIGHT

ACCUMULATIONS POSSIBLE ON GRASSY AND ELEVATED SURFACES.

* ACCUMULATIONS...SNOW ACCUMULATION OF LESS THAN AN INCH.

* TIMING...RAIN MIXED WITH SNOW SHOWERS THROUGH 11 AM EDT THIS MORNING.

* IMPACTS...THE COMBINATION OF WET SNOW AND INCREASING WINDS COULD

PRODUCE ISOLATED TREE AND POWER LINE DAMAGE. ROAD SURFACES MAY

SEE LIGHT ACCUMULATION.

Absolutely surreal.... The flakes are huge.

Archived