• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
November 2014

Rtd208

Didn't the weeklies show this period would be above normal a few weeks ago?   November looked overall above normal for the 2M's.   How can they be faithfully used now!    You have to figure out what is driving the atmosphere to do what it is currently  doing and what it might do over the next 30 days with these same factors correctly predicted.   Get the driving mechanisms right and you will beat the slow to change weeklies.

While Euro weeklies do well weeks 1-2, the skill falls off pretty quickly weeks 3-4.

Here was the 10-30 week 3 which is this week coming up. It got the -EPO correct

but missed the strength of the trough and cold.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While Euro weeklies do well weeks 1-2, the skill falls off pretty quickly weeks 3-4.

Here was the 10-30 week 3 which is this week coming up. It got the -EPO correct

but missed the strength of the trough and cold.

attachicon.gif500za_week3_bg_na.png

The euro weeklies week 4 s have been brutal.

Lucky for us so has the JMA monthlies because DEC is not pretty.

Like I said earlier. I just look 2 weeks out. The Euro ensembles are VG west of the Rockies so I just look for the ridge positions on the west coast and hope for a low in the GOA then I just extrapolate that on the EC

That appendage running into S cali really kicked the EC ridge up in front of it.

Yeah, that's why I really like to use the ensemble mean beyond day 5. There is just something about the OP

than can give really amped up solutions day 8-10 with the PV in Canada too far south.

Not a bad look on the 12z  Euro ensembles day 10.5 - 15 . GOA low  back and is not as progressive as it was at 0Z .

There is blocking on the west shore of Hudson bay and the trough is in the east . You will see the depth of that trough deeper Just after Thanksgiving .

So the warm up get muted IMO.

Not a bad look on the 12z  Euro ensembles day 10.5 - 15 . GOA low  back and is not as progressive as it was at 0Z .

There is blocking on the west shore of Hudson bay and the trough is in the east . You will see the depth of that trough deeper Just after Thanksgiving .

So the warm up get muted IMO.

The warm up will only be a day or two of +5 to +10 ahead of the front and low moving up to the Lakes or Apps.

This is what we need to produce a snowstorm around here - the 18Z PGFS is showing a large strong HP anchored in southern Canada with blocking to preventing it from moving out and forcing the approaching storm underneath it and then also forcing redevelopment to our south 

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/gfsp/2014111518/gfsp_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_37.png

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/gfsp/2014111518/gfsp_asnow_us_40.png

It will be interesting to see. But that Euro 360 you just posted looks like December 2002.

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/uploads/monthly_11_2014/post-7472-0-98979800-1416084655.png

attachicon.gif02.png

December 2002 was not exactly the greatest month, that counters all those who argue a not so great December cannot mean a good winter...after the 6th-7th that month was mostly above normal and we got lucky with some backlash snows Christmas night, otherwise that month would have averaged above normal with about 5 inches of snow.

December 2002 was not exactly the greatest month, that counters all those who argue a not so great December cannot mean a good winter...after the 6th-7th that month was mostly above normal and we got lucky with some backlash snows Christmas night, otherwise that month would have averaged above normal with about 5 inches of snow.

Most of the country was above normal west of the Ohio valley with minus 1s and 2s showing up right on the EC

Xmas day however made the month for me up on the N shore of long island.

where is the link to prove it ? Better start looking at the PGFS in the link I posted above a few posts.........

I thought I saw it posted somewhere that the verification scores for the parallel model are essentially the same so far?

The map you posted is impressive in that 2/3 of the country looks to have snow cover. Of course, we all know it won't verify that way. Looks like western NY (Buffalo given possible persistent WSW flow) might clean up in this upcoming second round of lake effect.

Down to 26 here after a chilly high of 41.

Like I said earlier. I just look 2 weeks out. The Euro ensembles are VG west of the Rockies so I just look for the ridge positions on the west coast and hope for a low in the GOA then I just extrapolate that on the EC

when does the JMA monthlys usually come out

Archived