joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 2014

Rtd208

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And what meteorological schools have you gone to in order to make this prediction? Where is your phD from? Seriously, anyone who isn't an actual met or pro forecaster should just stop thinking they can predict the weather.

That's bs. A degree doesn't dictate someone's knowledge. There are guys on here with no degree who do a kickass job.

I can't even imagine what some of the posts would look like if we ever had a backloaded

version of 2010-2011. Zero snowfall through groundhog day and then 61.9" by early March. :P

I believe that's 2009-10 where other than Dec 19 Blizzard (out east on LI at least) February added around 35-40" of snow. 2010-11 was Boxing Day, then a torrid streak in January but don't remember too much after January

Most of what fell in 09-10 & 10-11 occured during a few higher end KU events. It was more about quality those winters over quantity. I feel this Winter could be heading down that road, which is why I was calling for a top 5 winter all time at Central Park, a majority of which would fall in 3-4 KU events.

Unfortunately for winter weather enthusiasts in the metro - BUT better it happens in  November then December - as of right now we are facing a stretch after this weeks arctic blast of normal to above normal temps with limited chances of frozen precip because the pattern is changing. The EPO is going positive the NAO is going positive with  a strong Pacific Jet and eventually a zonal flow.MJO is forecasted to work its way through stages 2 -4 which in late November around the metro promotes a mild weather pattern........

Days 1 -6

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/cfs-avg/2014111618/cfs-avg_T2ma5d_us_1.png

Days 6 - 10

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/cfs-avg/2014111618/cfs-avg_T2ma5d_us_2.png

Just pump the brakes a bit on the doom and gloom. Do you not remember the 3 week boredom of hell in December 2002? It's an inevitable relaxation. My guess is maybe mid Dec reload? And who knows..maybe it happens earlier..just a guess right now. Point is, relax.

I am glad this change in the pattern is happening later this week in November- eventually the pattern is going to reload by mid December which is a much more favorable time period  for winter weather events around here.

Just pump the brakes a bit on the doom and gloom. Do you not remember the 3 week boredom of hell in December 2002? It's an inevitable relaxation. My guess is maybe mid Dec reload? And who knows..maybe it happens earlier..just a guess right now. Point is, relax.

I was looking at the longer range EURO and while i know its far off and is liable to substantial swings at its range they're are some good signs. the model is trying to lock the pattern in over the top as we get deeper into december so its not like its latching onto the zonal/+EPO/NAO, its showing some promising changes as well

I guess that some people need a climo reality check since the big dates seldom occur before mid to late December.

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/okx/climate/records/footplussnow.html

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/okx/climate/records/sixplussnow.html

I believe that's 2009-10 where other than Dec 19 Blizzard (out east on LI at least) February added around 35-40" of snow. 2010-11 was Boxing Day, then a torrid streak in January but don't remember too much after January

Winter literally ended in February that winter lol. The stretch from Boxing Day until the end of January was awesome.

I was looking at the longer range EURO and while i know its far off and is liable to substantial swings at its range they're are some good signs. the model is trying to lock the pattern in over the top as we get deeper into december so its not like its latching onto the zonal/+EPO/NAO, its showing some promising changes as well

Euro is still showing a coastal near Thanksgiving

Winter literally ended in February that winter lol. The stretch from Boxing Day until the end of January was awesome.

Euro is still showing a coastal near Thanksgiving

Its far off ant but that looks like our best shot for our first notable snowfall of the season. More importantly to me is around that time we should start getting a clearer picture on how winter plans on locking in and how the blocking and pacific ridging can establish itself. Even we dont get snow around thanksgiving we should still see something positive regarding the winrer around that time period

Just need to get that LP a little further offshore and hold until november 27th and we'll be in business! :lol:

You're going to need some good dynamics to cool the column and if it tracks close enough to the coast it will torch the mid-level even more. It seems like a good setup for a storm, not a snowstorm, at least not for the coast.

Archived