JFK: 44/37 (-7)

TTN: 41/31 (-10)

11/15:

NYC: 42/33 (-10)

EWR: 44/29 (-9)

LGA: 42/34 (-11)

JFK: 43/30 (-11)

TTN:  43/28 (-10)

It will be interesting too see if the ensemble mean eventually comes on board since it will be

cold enough for some light snow if the vort is sharp enough.

attachicon.gifget_legacy_plot-web249-20141116085639-8960-0436.gif

( DAY 6 so pls do not take numbers to heart ) . But that's not a bad look .KNYC Sat Minus 7 at 850 - 29 at the surface , At 0z the OP and Control had a center come off the Delmarva .

Just need it a tad sharper and we could be in biz next Sat

( DAY 6 so pls do not take numbers to heart ) . But that's not a bad look .KNYC Sat Minus 7 at 850 - 29 at the surface , At 0z the OP and Control had a center come off the Delmarva .

Just need it a tad sharper and we could be in biz next Sat

New GFS looks like the Euro ensemble so that OP Euro needs to survive the under 120 test.

The flow may be too fast for much amplification, but we'll see.

New GFS looks like the Euro ensemble so that OP Euro needs to survive the under 120 test.

The flow may be too fast for much amplification, but we'll see.

attachicon.gifgfsp_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_22.png

That piece coming into cali kicks the trough east.

Would like to see that disappear over the next day or 2 so the ridge can hang back and maybe the center can turn.

Prob asking for too much . Hard to ask the OP to beat it's ensembles

That piece coming into cali kicks the trough east.

Would like to see that disappear over the next day or 2 so the ridge can hang back and maybe the center can turn.

Prob asking for too much . Hard to ask the OP to beat it's ensembles

need some blocking as the NAO is not negative and when it is just slightly need to lock in some cold air and not have it escape causing the storms to go west of us

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/precip/CWlink/pna/nao.sprd2.gif

need some blocking as the NAO is not negative and when it is just slightly need to lock in some cold air and not have it escape causing the storms to go west of us

For me the problem is in the Pacific it's too progressive.

Check out the jet that doorman posted. To be fair that negative is on the euro control too so I'm not sure why the 0z OP of the euro is missing it.

Still not in a reliable range for any model so this is liable to change many times. Pacific doesnt look too good as the flow is way too quick for any kind of noteworthy amplification on the EC.

For me the problem is in the Pacific it's too progressive.

Check out the jet that doorman posted. To be fair that negative is on the euro control too so I'm not sure why the 0z OP of the euro is missing it.

if we could fiqure out why and how models react to all the mixture and tons of data that is fed into them we would have it made ! Very complex and they all for the most part react differently because they are not programmed the same because of known flaws  they re- programmed the GFS and that product is now called the Para GFS !

Still not in a reliable range for any model so this is liable to change many times. Pacific doesnt look too good as the flow is way too quick for any kind of noteworthy amplification on the EC.

in other words we are going to hope for some frozen precip on the edges of any events until this favorable  pattern that is forecasted to develop establishes itself

in other words we are going to hope for some frozen precip on the edges of any events until this favorable pattern that is forecasted to develop establishes itself

thats my opinion. Unless we get a transient block or any kind of blocking mechanism that can force cyclogenesis far enough offshore so we dont get flooded with warm air. Yea we can get snow but its not gonna be easy with the current setup IMO.

Flow is fast with a +Pna?

So in this case Day 6  the Ridge is displaced and pushes the trough east . Then the Ridge returns but for how long as the ensembles crash the trough back into the west coast day 15 .

Day 15 actually looks great to me , but between day 5- 8 the west coast is fast . Hard to snow on the EC IMO if you have the jet coming into the west coast it pushes the pattern across . Check out the PNA dip here . That`s the system coming through at the wrong time .

post-7472-0-82900800-1416151933_thumb.pn

post-7472-0-74144200-1416152165_thumb.pn

So in this case Day 6  the Ridge is displaced and pushes the trough east . Then the Ridge returns but for how long as the ensembles crash the trough back into the west coast day 15 .

Day 15 actually looks great to me , but between day 5- 8 the west coast is fast . Hard to snow on the EC IMO if you have the jet coming into the west coast it pushes the pattern across . Check out the PNA dip here . That`s the system coming through at the wrong time .

It's good to see the Euro ensembles moving to a classic El Nino look here for December.

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/uploads/monthly_11_2014/post-7472-0-25334700-1416151946.png

It's good to see the Euro ensembles moving to a classic El Nino look here for December.

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/uploads/monthly_11_2014/post-7472-0-25334700-1416151946.png

comp.gif

Liking the way december looks through the middle of this month. not going to dig too much into it though since i got grilled for it yesterday

You were singed not grilled.

Ahhh so it couldve been worse is what your saying? :lol:

Just got ahead of myself paul, regardless i am starting to be somewhat encouraged regarding december BUT still too far away as you said.

Also agree with you on the day 15 threat (assuming thats the storm around turkey day) the setup in la la land looks alot better than next weekend CURRENTLY

The 0z Euro is only model so far that develops a coastal low at the end of the week. All other models show a low near the Great Lakes. The Euro digs the shortwave more.

18z GFS had the same thing as the Euro but further north. Looks like the new 12z GFS crushes anything to the south.

Archived