amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
November 2014 General Discussion

Geos

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like CONUS November will be cooler. October was a bit of a torcher(except for this region go think eh?)

Yeah, I saw the monthly departures from normal in temps and precip on Accuweather, and the only two states that were predominantly below normal through the month were Wisconsin and Florida.  This year long theme has been impressive to say the least.

Clipper for Wed night and Thu is looking weaker, faster, and further north in last several runs.  Not expecting anything down this way other than a few brief sprinkles/flurries late Wed night.  Looks like areas further north and east will get some decent snow shower action though again.

You might be too far west to see much, but I'll bet it digs more than the 12z GFS is depicting.

Nice fantasy land Geos jackpot snowstorm, next Mon-Tue, on the 12z Euro.

Saw that - hard to believe being November and all!

That would be a great storm track to bring SW flow lake effect snow to this part of West Michigan! Way too warm at this time of the year though... 

Yeah you'd probably end up with LE rain if anything. Maybe you'll get some snow on Thursday night if you're lucky.

Made it to 60° today. I think these days are by the wayside really quick soon!

I check the 16-day GFS in passing, and about 5 days ago it had a super torchy look for around Veterans day (as did the CFS). So much so that it called for highs in the low 70s, which would flirt with record highs (this is why I took note of something 2 weeks out). It held that way for a few runs...and now.....that has been replaced by a growing consensus for a definite blast of mid-winter before we hit mid-November. Cant believe after last winter we start November with winter threats already (fwiw, this would be a head start on 2013-14 :lmao:)

temps steady or beginning to fall slightly. 40, with light rain and drizzle in westerly upslope flow.  with last nights rain, only snow left is in patches.

Looks like quite the snowy period from Wed. night - Thurs. night for you! And then nothing above 40* anymore in the 7 day.

Looks like quite the snowy period from Wed. night - Thurs. night for you! And then nothing above 40* anymore in the 7 day.

I think this is the step down into more Winter like weather. Normal high is already 43/44 here.

The next snow is here to stay I think.  Even two days in the mid and upper 40's, it was hard to get this current snow to melt all the way.

12z P-GFS has some ridiculous cold coming down in about a week.

I can't even believe it.  Specifics for ORD:  1000-500 mb thickness gets down to 509 dam, 850 mb temps to -18 C, 2 m temp maxes out Tuesday at 30 F.... in November!?

Even the Euro gets 850's down to -15 C, and that's just looking at the 24-hour panels.  Brrr!

That would be a great storm track to bring SW flow lake effect snow to this part of West Michigan! Way too warm at this time of the year though... 

ya never can tell. They had two inches of snow "on the ground" last Saturday around Mt. Morris MI. I would had thought the ground was way to warm to accumulate that much last weekend.

Archived