e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Possible late season severe outbreak morning of 10/8/14

CoastalWx

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it shifted to SE MA and the Cape so that part was correct. But yeah...expected more down in that area. Coast of Maine did pretty well actually.

Would have been nicer if it had lined out into a QLCS this morning. Instead it looks like we got some sheared out forcing, and a parallel lines of convection disrupting inflow.

Would have been nicer if it had lined out into a QLCS this morning. Instead it looks like we got some sheared out forcing, and a parallel lines of convection disrupting inflow.

Even in SE MA, I thought it would look better. Just run of the mill stuff. Best stuff seemed to be in ME actually.

That would actually make sense given how radar looked. Almost a MCV like feature.

Hindsight I probably should've warned the two cells as a line, but I'm still not sure I would have put the lake in the warning even then. Just seemed a little too far south of the heaviest echoes. The beam is pretty high there though, so outflow could've extended farther and the beam is also perpendicular to the wind speed at that point basically telling me nothing about velocities.

Modeling was absolutely atrocious for this. Globals and mesos for days all were pegging Central and E  CT/RI/SE Mass..and maybe SNH..Instead those areas so 0 damage.

Instead all the damage occurred in E NY state into NW Ct up into Western and Central Mass and then into NNE. 

Terrible model performance

It's the nature of tstms. Models did have storms in that area..I know the RPM did. 

Modeling was absolutely atrocious for this. Globals and mesos for days all were pegging Central and E  CT/RI/SE Mass..and maybe SNH..Instead those areas saw 0 damage.

Instead all the damage occurred in E NY state into NW Ct up into Western and Central Mass and then into NNE

Terrible model performance

Aren't we nit picking there? Wind damage in the Lakes Region is pretty much SNH and not so far away that it's strictly NNE.

But the point is that was not the area anyone or anything was expecting severe..and that's where it all happened. Meanwhile the areas that were in ground zero for days saw nothing but gusty rain showers

Well yes and no. There were only a few reports in wrn MA and that was it. There might have been stuff on the Cape with the winds above 40kts. It only takes one cell. 

Archived