• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA & Fringes - Fall 2014

Eskimo Joe

It was colder, temps started in the 20's, then things did warm for a while but crashed again as the deform banding came through.  This will be warmer, there is really no true cold air around until well after the storm but it looks just cold enough as long as rates are decent. 

i thought so. I just tried to explain this to a co-worker that the 10:1 will not apply here. But they don't listen. They're all reading S&S and easternpa weather at lunch. Their planing for 10-12" i can't change the opinion

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey psuhoffman, or anyone else, what is the story with the 12z Euro in Eastern PA. AVP, IPT, MPO etc......

AVP about .8

Poconos about 1

IPT about .5

MDT about .8

LNS about .9

Track is still fine, minor jog east but the bigger deal is its more progressive like the GFS and GGEM only not as extreme, we get into the good precip shield it just is in and out in 8 hours or so.  Thats the biggest difference to me on this run, its sped up and that cuts down on precip a bit over our area. 

AVP - ~.75"

IPT - ~.45"

MPO - ~.90"

MDT - ~.80"

UNV - ~.35"

LNS - ~.95"

PHL - ~1"

AVP about .8

Poconos about 1

IPT about .5

MDT about .8

LNS about .9

Track is still fine, minor jog east but the bigger deal is its more progressive like the GFS and GGEM only not as extreme, we get into the good precip shield it just is in and out in 8 hours or so.  Thats the biggest difference to me on this run, its sped up and that cuts down on precip a bit over our area. 

Thank you for the information........thinking AVP probably gets 5-9 inches, a warning criteria snowfall.....though I'm not so sure about ratios, 10:1? 8:1? 6:1? lower.....

dropping by to see if anyone has any thoughts for the MD/PA border (I'm afraid to ask in the MA forum lol)

I think we are in a good location to get at least a decent event, say 3-5".  More then that is going to depend on meso scale features.  Today the trend in a lot of the models is to be very progressive and sort of race things in and out.  UK being the one exception.  Even the euro kind of jumped on that trend.  If that is correct the potential for something really big is kind of limited.  I am still not sold.  The models are having issues right now resolving the play between the two vorts.  That can be tricky and the UK and older versions of the op euro might still be correct but I would lean more conservative right now.  I would consider 4" a win in November anyways. 

I think we are in a good location to get at least a decent event, say 3-5".  More then that is going to depend on meso scale features.  Today the trend in a lot of the models is to be very progressive and sort of race things in and out.  UK being the one exception.  Even the euro kind of jumped on that trend.  If that is correct the potential for something really big is kind of limited.  I am still not sold.  The models are having issues right now resolving the play between the two vorts.  That can be tricky and the UK and older versions of the op euro might still be correct but I would lean more conservative right now.  I would consider 4" a win in November anyways. 

Thanks! Hell, I'll take 2" and call it a win

Archived