joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man this weekend is looking good. Especially Sunday. NWS forecast for my back yard: 

• Saturday A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 74. Chance of precipitation is 30%. ***Hot Sauce Festival in Oxford NC
  • Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 58. ***Windows wide open
  • Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 72.   ***lay in the hammock and watch the world go by

Man this weekend is looking good. Especially Sunday. NWS forecast for my back yard: 

• Saturday A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 74. Chance of precipitation is 30%. ***Hot Sauce Festival in Oxford NC
  • Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 72.   ***lay in the hammock and watch the world go by

Ditto...Chatham county fair Saturday, windows open and the hammock by the pond on Sunday.

Sautrday the 13th? Sounds amazing...I do love me some hot sauce. Put it on just about everything. In fact there are some foods that I can't eat without hot sauce lol...like eggs, pizza pillows, spaghetti, rice...mmmmm. Shame I won't have enough spare as money to make it. :(

Sautrday the 13th? Sounds amazing...I do love me some hot sauce. Put it on just about everything. In fact there are some foods that I can't eat without hot sauce lol...like eggs, pizza pillows, spaghetti, rice...mmmmm. Shame I won't have enough spare as money to make it. :(

If you can make it, here's the link (lots of fun!):

http://oxfordnc.org/nchotsaucecontest/about.htm

I don't know why , but the wife wants to see Garth Brooks . He is in ATL soon for multiple dates and multiple shows per day, and I think they are all sold out! :(

Edit: just scored 2 tix for the Friday Sept 19 th show! Happy wife! This dude is doing 2shows on Fri, 2 shows Sat , and 1 on Sunday! He must be good or something ?

I don't know why , but the wife wants to see Garth Brooks . He is in ATL soon for multiple dates and multiple shows per day, and I think they are all sold out! :(

Edit: just scored 2 tix for the Friday Sept 19 th show! Happy wife! This dude is doing 2shows on Fri, 2 shows Sat , and 1 on Sunday! He must be good or something ?

Hope he comes around here. I saw him twice in the 90s. Still the best concerts I have ever seen and he is my favorite singer. Can't wait for his new albums and have something different than all this bro country and hip hop country.

This will be fun, given my wife's ongoing memory issues :)

Last time we did a major upgrade with DirecTV, it was switching from TIVO to the HD-DVR. Took about a year to learn most of the things the remote could do. Flash forward 3+ years, and Lynne had to relearn her remote all over again after her 6 month hospital stay and memory loss. Me, well I just had a standard DTV box, so didn't have to worry about recording or pausing or lists and all.

Service tech is here now upgrading the HD-DVR to the Genie (and I get a Mini Genie!!!) We're BOTH going to have to learn a new remote all over again!!! We might have it figured out by the time it's time for a new upgrade to whatever the latest technology will be in 4-5 years :D

I'll be getting her 39" HD TV in 'my room', and she's getting a new 45" one for the family room where her recliner is. It'll help with her eyesight, we hope. Plus, she'll be able to record House Hunters, Ancient Aliens, Yard Crashers, Survivor, and watch the news all at the same time :D

This will be fun, given my wife's ongoing memory issues :)

Last time we did a major upgrade with DirecTV, it was switching from TIVO to the HD-DVR. Took about a year to learn most of the things the remote could do. Flash forward 3+ years, and Lynne had to relearn her remote all over again after her 6 month hospital stay and memory loss. Me, well I just had a standard DTV box, so didn't have to worry about recording or pausing or lists and all.

Service tech is here now upgrading the HD-DVR to the Genie (and I get a Mini Genie!!!) We're BOTH going to have to learn a new remote all over again!!! We might have it figured out by the time it's time for a new upgrade to whatever the latest technology will be in 4-5 years :D

I'll be getting her 39" HD TV in 'my room', and she's getting a new 45" one for the family room where her recliner is. It'll help with her eyesight, we hope. Plus, she'll be able to record House Hunters, Ancient Aliens, Yard Crashers, Survivor, and watch the news all at the same time :D

Sounds awesome!  My VCR is so simple to use, I have mastered every feature on the remote...well, except for the tracking.  Can't quite figure that one out.

How is your wife doing?

There were people last year that did better than our area, but we still did well. I considered it one to remember; especially having three ice storms in March. I would love to see the same setup this year.

Yes, just frustrating a little bit to see places further east have bigger snow storms. I really think we are due a big one this winter.

How is your wife doing?

Things have been pretty much status-quo. She's really frustrated that she can't do much. I don't think she'll really understand what happened to her to get her to this point, and while we're pursuing legal recourse, I've been advised not to talk about it online, unfortunately. Her biggest issues have been balance and major dizziness, and she hates having to use a walker or wheelchair, or needing help in the bathroom. It is what it is, however, and every day is a 'new normal'.

Thank you for asking. Means a lot.

Things have been pretty much status-quo. She's really frustrated that she can't do much. I don't think she'll really understand what happened to her to get her to this point, and while we're pursuing legal recourse, I've been advised not to talk about it online, unfortunately. Her biggest issues have been balance and major dizziness, and she hates having to use a walker or wheelchair, or needing help in the bathroom. It is what it is, however, and every day is a 'new normal'.

Thank you for asking. Means a lot.

Well, I certainly hate to hear that things haven't improved markedly.  And understood on the gag order...that's smart.  We'll continue to lift you guys up in our thoughts and prayers.  It's got to be tough.

Anyway, it looks like we're on tap for another soggy period.  Greg Fishel said last night that so far 2014 is the 3rd wettest year for RDU.  I suppose we have a decent shot at making a run on number 1, though I don't know how far away we are from getting there.

Archived