joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Move over Joe Mullis! The Persimmon Lady is here!

http://farmersalmanac.com/blog/2014/09/26/persimmon-lady-winter-2015/

"Around this time each year, Melissa Bunker of Star, North Carolina (AKA, “The Persimmon Lady”), sends us her winter prediction based on opening up some persimmon seeds. Traditional lore is that if the seeds are shaped like forks, winter will be mild; if they are shaped like spoons, there will be a lot of snow; and if they are shaped like knives, winter will be bitingly cold.

Here’s what Melissa had to say:

Here is the 2014/15 persimmon readout. Never have seen all spoons before!!! Tell the readers to prep for lots of snow. Even our ground hornets are moving up into our pecan tree."

What y'all got? Spoon? Fork? Or Spork?

Snowflake Facts

The world's largest ever snowflake to date found was 38 centimetres wide and 20 centimetres thick. This snowflake occurred at Fort Keogh, Montana, USA on 28 January 1887.

Had that snowflake landed in Waycross, that particular spot would have instantly received 200 years of normal snowfall. 

So, I turn 40 on Friday. Not sure how I feel about that. I guess it's better than the alternative. But worried everything is going to start going downhill.

Can you see me tearing up?  You are just now hitting your prime, go with it and enjoy. 

I'll be turning 60 next February.  Can't wait to hear what you have to say in 20 years... :-)

Archived