Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
September Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The gang's almost all here!  Edited the list with Iso & calc picking up the slack!

Classic CR & SuperJames goofing off:

Dang James.  Why you gotta be so mean all the time?! :D

I think this was Larry's metaphor last year for when the GFS would show a snowstorm only to take it away in a subsequent run.

Need a bit of help.  I'm setting up a workflow to be able to upload 4k video to youtube.  I think I have it down, but I can't tell what other people see when they view or if it plays on various computers. If some of you could click the link below and then click on the setting cog at the bottom of the video and post the highest resolution available at the top of the popup I would appreciate it.  I'd also be interested in what browser you are using, especially if there is a problem.  I am hoping to have the opportunity to get some good winter vids this year and I want to be ready to go.  BTW, this video is crap and for testing purposes only. If you do view it, go full screen and tell me what you think of the quality, not the content.  lol   Just a over a minute of some handheld stuff from the zoo last weekend.

Thanks

http://youtu.be/1vBQnxCgtAM?list=UUF2U5ESpRyu6pLqIPdZBeew

Need a bit of help.  I'm setting up a workflow to be able to upload 4k video to youtube.  I think I have it down, but I can't tell what other people see when they view or if it plays on various computers. If some of you could click the link below and then click on the setting cog at the bottom of the video and post the highest resolution available at the top of the popup I would appreciate it.  I'd also be interested in what browser you are using, especially if there is a problem.  I am hoping to have the opportunity to get some good winter vids this year and I want to be ready to go.  BTW, this video is crap and for testing purposes only. If you do view it, go full screen and tell me what you think of the quality, not the content.  lol   Just a over a minute of some handheld stuff from the zoo last weekend.

Thanks

The video would not work at the beginning except on 360 pixels; however, it decided to play in the 4K after the third try. I am using Google Chrome. When it finally decided to work, it was very clear and the quality was very high. 

Thanks

4k worked excellent when I viewed the video  :D   I'm using Chrome......btw.....that is the cutest otter ever  :wub: 

The video would not work at the beginning except on 360 pixels; however, it decided to play in the 4K after the third try. I am using Google Chrome. When it finally decided to work, it was very clear and the quality was very high. 

Depending on your connection speed, 4k can be problematic.  It should make for clear snowflakes though.  :)   Thanks

Thanks

1080p was the highest resolution listed on my iPad. It played at that resolution and looked great, but it took a while to get going. The music is awesome! :)

Thanks

I'm using Firefox, burns.  I had the 4K option, but it took forever to load.  It was very clear, but it seemed to jump from image to image rather than just stream.  My computer probably didn't know how to handle it, though.  Until just now, it was a 4K virgin.

I'm using Firefox, burns.  I had the 4K option, but it took forever to load.  It was very clear, but it seemed to jump from image to image rather than just stream.  My computer probably didn't know how to handle it, though.  Until just now, it was a 4K virgin.

Thanks.  4k is beyond the ability of most monitors. The jumping is usually caused by slow download speed. However, drag the slider back and replay it, it usually plays smoothly.  Try 1080P HD.  since it is downsized from a higher res it usually looks better than video that was recorded at 1080.  I'll shoot from a tripod this winter, which will clear things up a lot.  My hands aren't quite as steady as they were 30 years ago.  The 1440P is a good option to try if the highest res stutters too much.  It should be noticeably sharper than 1080. 

Thanks

Good looking picture J burns.  First time I have seen the 4k option on youtube.  I use Safari on my mac and it lagged some even when I backed it up after it loaded but the picture was very crisp.  4k files are pretty big so I bet it will take streaming a bit to catch up but none the less awesome quality!

Video looks good jB. 4k wouldn't run on my laptop, had to drop back to 1080. Unless you have a super duper monitor, the extra pixels the 4k gets you are wasted.

For all practical purposes, 720p is good enough for most computers, and most display cards and monitors don't support the extra resolution. 

Even with my GoPro uploads, 720p seems to work better.

I'm sure it looks GREAT on your TV though! I watch all my GoPro videos that way. Actually, I have a Samsung Smart TV and it has the YouTube app. I'll try your video at home that way and see what it looks like.

Need a bit of help.  I'm setting up a workflow to be able to upload 4k video to youtube.  I think I have it down, but I can't tell what other people see when they view or if it plays on various computers. 

It played for me but not well due to my older laptop. It does indeed work though. 

Archived