Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
September Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have more than I need. The one I was testing is the new Panasonic FZ-1000. I'm tired of carrying all my heavy DSLR lenses around and this one has a good zoom and above average image quality for a compact. It also has the advantage of taking 4K video. It's a pretty nice all in one.

xlarge.jpg

That thing costs around $900. You can get me one for Christmas!

Anybody on here go to Panther games? I need to know best place to park that is fastest way back to highway

In my experiences at Bank of America this lot has been the best as far as price and accessibility to I-77.  It is off of 6th St. just past the CVS if you are coming from in town.  The intersection is 6th and W Smith St.  You should have no trouble with traffic if you leave as soon as the game is over.  Have fun & go Panthers!!

24y0nix.jpg

2zi6c1c.jpg

In my experiences at Bank of America this lot has been the best as far as price and accessibility to I-77.  It is off of 6th St. just past the CVS if you are coming from in town.  The intersection is 6th and W Smith St.  You should have no trouble with traffic if you leave as soon as the game is over.  Have fun & go Panthers!!

24y0nix.jpg

2zi6c1c.jpg

Look at all of those parking lots.....Yuk.

LOL.. Its like that at every stadium. There are always fans of the visiting team. Steelers fans travel well too.

No.  It's not like that in Seattle, New England, and Green Bay, among other cities.

For some reason, Charlotte is home to lots of transplanted Steelers fans.  Rather than rooting for their own local team, they have remained loyal to the Terrible Towel.  I suppose I would feel the same way about the Panthers if I moved somewhere else, but at some point, these Steelers fans in Charlotte should fade.  I mean, the Panthers have been around roughly 20 years now.

No.  It's not like that in Seattle, New England, and Green Bay, among other cities.

For some reason, Charlotte is home to lots of transplanted Steelers fans.  Rather than rooting for their own local team, they have remained loyal to the Terrible Towel.  I suppose I would feel the same way about the Panthers if I moved somewhere else, but at some point, these Steelers fans in Charlotte should fade.  I mean, the Panthers have been around roughly 20 years now.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/09/20/4164869/sundays-forecast-black-and-gold.html

If you are a Carolina Panthers fan who attends games and can’t stand to see the opposing team’s colors in Bank of America Stadium, you are about to be in for a rough night.

The Pittsburgh Steelers are one of the NFL’s most prominent teams and boast one of the deepest fan bases. You can bet there will be a lot of black and gold in the crowd Sunday as the prices that displaced Pittsburgh fans will pay on StubHub.com and the like are often too tempting for Panthers fans to pass up.

Also:

Steelers Announce New Partnership with Primesport
Posted Aug 6, 2014
Primesport is the team's official fan travel package provider for the 2014 season.
PrimeSport, the leader in providing direct access to the biggest sporting events on the planet, announced today a new partnership with the Pittsburgh Steelers as the team’s official fan travel partner. As part of the partnership, PrimeSport has official Pittsburgh Steelers travel packages now available for purchase for the 2014 regular season.

“We are looking forward to our new partnership with PrimeSport and the opportunity to provide our incredible fans with the best possible experience when watching the Steelers play on the road.” said Ryan Huzjak, Director of Partnerships and Sales of the Pittsburgh Steelers.   “PrimeSport has built a strong reputation in the NFL and we are confident this will continue with the Steelers organization.”

As part of the partnership, PrimeSport is offering Official Steelers Travel Packages for the ultimate fan looking to take their team spirit on the road.  Official fan travel packages for 2014 can include game tickets, hotel accommodations, official souvenirs, and much more.  This year’s official Steelers travel games will be against the Carolina Panthers on September 21st, the Cleveland Browns on October 12th and the New York Jets on November 9th.

"We are thrilled to announce our new partnership with the Pittsburgh Steelers and provide their passionate fans with the PrimeSport experience,” says Sam Soni, Chief Executive Officer at PrimeSport.  “PrimeSport has become a reliable and dependable source for fan and corporate travel, and we look forward to delivering those great experiences to Steelers fans this season.”

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-Announce-New-Partnership-with-Primesport/a265841d-283c-425e-9905-71667080e48b

Thats true. My dad's from Pittsburgh, so even though i live here now, i was pulling for the Steelers. There are a ton of Pennsylvania transplants in the Carolinas. 

There's no way people are gonna trade allegiances.. it just doesnt feel right.

I hope we get a catastrophic ice storm this winter. Losing power for a week last year wasn't enough. I want to lose power for weeks during the dead of winter with a historic cold outbreak ongoing. I hope for 2-4" of freezing rain with temperatures in the teens and howling winds topped off with subzero temperatures over the following nights with highs in the upper single digits and low teens.

I'd like to see those temps, but maybe with only 1/4 inch of ice and 6 inches of snow. I want to keep my power.

I have been receiving texts from others (I don't know who they are since I don't have those numbers in my contacts) who were sent a group text photo that I was sent. I have an IPhone 5S. Fortunately, this is apparently the first group text I've ever been sent because the replies from whomever are kind of annoying. I don't get and send all that many texts in general. Any other opinions about these group texts? Do others here receive many of these? I may request that group sender to not include me on future group texts though I assume they'd be rare regardless.

Edit: I assume there's a way for the sender to send a group text and simultaneously prevent replies to it from going to all who were sent said group text?

Edit 2: One unknown person replied "What picture?" lol.

I have been receiving texts from others (I don't know who they are since I don't have those numbers in my contacts) who were sent a group text photo that I was sent. I have an IPhone 5S. Fortunately, this is apparently the first group text I've ever been sent because the replies from whomever are kind of annoying. I don't get and send all that many texts in general. Any other opinions about these group texts? Do others here receive many of these? I may request that group sender to not include me on future group texts though I assume they'd be rare regardless.

Apparently with the new 8.0 update you are supposed to be able to remove yourself from the group when you get the message. I am not exactly sure how you do it yet but I agree it is so annoying. Especially when its about something I could care less about.

You are just no fun!  The more damage, human suffering, and general misery, the better in my book!

Indeed... Uproot the trees, destroy the power grid, shutdown school for weeks, and empty the grocery stores!!!!!!

:devilsmiley:

And BTW, why can't we have this wedge and ULL pinwheel of moisture in January!

Edit: I assume there's a way for the sender to send a group text and simultaneously prevent replies to it from going to all who were sent said group text?

Edit 2: One unknown person replied "What picture?" lol.

I'm not a big fan of group texts most of the time.  My mom does this frequently.  She'll send a group text to a bunch of us, and I'll spend the rest of the afternoon listening to my phone ding.  And if I want to text her and accidentally forget and reply to the group text thread instead of the individual text thread, then everyone else has to chime in.

Thanks, Hvward and CR, regarding the group texts.

CR, I thought I read that you've been experimenting with different avatars to see what might bring a good winter. Is your clown avatar in reference to the dreaded often overdone Euro clown maps? Are you by any chance saying you're not afraid of any false Euro clowns? Are you using some kind of reverse psychology?

Thanks, Hvward and CR, regarding the group texts.

CR, I thought I read that you've been experimenting with different avatars to see what might bring a good winter. Is your clown avatar in reference to the dreaded often overdone Euro clown maps? Are you by any chance saying you're not afraid of any false Euro clowns? Are you using some kind of reverse psychology?

That's a good thought!  I hadn't considered that.  I actually have been hoping that it will inspire Packbacker to get rid of the gray humanoid and put an actual avatar up there.  It hasn't worked so far. :(  Guess I'll have to keep going.  At some point, we're going back to Star Trek though. :)

Is that a serious story?

I have another question:  If there is a cloud to ground lightening strike during a thundersnow storm, will the precipitation around the lightening strike hit the ground as rain?  I would assume so, if it's not vaporized.  So it might be snowing heavily, then lightening would hit a tree very close to you, and it might rain on you for a few seconds before snowing again.  Maybe?

Archived