• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September Banter

mackerel_sky

What's a 45 and American Pie? Remember, you got a few years on me! :)

Weeeeelllll, you can put a Colt in front of the 45 and enjoy a funny movie about graduating high schoolers, or turn on your record player and listen to a Don McLean Classic! Speaking of record, for the record, I got you by a few months, not years. You bout to be....oooooold. Haha!

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's awesome! We have the box set as well. The only problem is that all those tapes take up so much space! :)

Ha Ha, I see you are channeling your inner "Burns"

Yeah I'm just an old non tech white man who is currently watching football his 65" 4k tv, and who will later upload a test video to Youtube, from his new 4k video camera.  You youngsters can stay in the blurry world of HD.  I'm moving on.

Yeah I'm just an old non tech white man who is currently watching football his 65" 4k tv, and who will later upload a test video to Youtube, from his new 4k video camera. You youngsters can stay in the blurry world of HD. I'm moving on.

I think watching football where the players are bigger than you on the TV screen, it kind of loses its luster!

Alright, who is WFH tomorrow to wait on there new iPhone being delivered.   Or better yet, who is camping out tonight at a Apple store.  Sounds like the 6+ is going to be slim pickins.

My iPhone 6 should be delivered tomorrow. I ordered the 4.7" version but am wondering whether that was a mistake and should have went for the iPhone 6 Plus instead. Anyway, it's just nice to have a larger screen phone. I'm coming from a 4s so it should be a big difference.

I hope we get a catastrophic ice storm this winter.  Losing power for a week last year wasn't enough.  I want to lose power for weeks during the dead of winter with a historic cold outbreak ongoing.  I hope for 2-4" of freezing rain with temperatures in the teens and howling winds topped off with subzero temperatures over the following nights with highs in the upper single digits and low teens.

My iPhone 6 should be delivered tomorrow. I ordered the 4.7" version but am wondering whether that was a mistake and should have went for the iPhone 6 Plus instead. Anyway, it's just nice to have a larger screen phone. I'm coming from a 4s so it should be a big difference.

I think the mistake was paying a premium price for an iPhone! :-) Everyone that I know that has switched from an iPhone to a Droid, has been glad they did. I think you're gonna wish you had the S4 back. That's what I have too.

I hope we get a catastrophic ice storm this winter.  Losing power for a week last year wasn't enough.  I want to lose power for weeks during the dead of winter with a historic cold outbreak ongoing.  I hope for 2-4" of freezing rain with temperatures in the teens and howling winds topped off with subzero temperatures over the following nights with highs in the upper single digits and low teens.

You have got to be kidding ? Losing power for weeks ? What kind of crazy world are you living in ?

Good evening from Zermatt, Switzerland. Getting to see all the snow capped mountains here is amazing. Interestingly enough it might snow here Sunday night but I'll be in Interlaken by then! Really gets you ready for the winter season. I propose we all do a meetup in the Alps. 

These pictures were taken from the balcony of my room today which has a great view of the Matterhorn. 

aqT7cbel.jpg

CENuesGl.jpg

These two were taken from the train going up to Zermatt. The first is a almost glacier type thing on top of one of the ridgelines. I guess techcnically it's a glacier? This was melting creating a nice waterfall which leads into the picture of the stream. This water was blueish green and clear, the cleanest looking water I have ever seen in my life. Only way to describe is that from 20 feet up I could see individual leaves floating in the water!

rxgKQa1l.jpg

4ygi8Spl.jpg

Good evening from Zermatt, Switzerland. Getting to see all the snow capped mountains here is amazing. Interestingly enough it might snow here Sunday night but I'll be in Interlaken by then! Really gets you ready for the winter season. I propose we all do a meetup in the Alps. 

This picture was taken from the balcony of my room today which has a great view of the Matterhorn. 

LtOWpMO.jpg

Enjoy sir, that looks amazing!

Enjoy sir, that looks amazing!

I updated with some better pics. It really is breath taking out here. On Monday I'm going canyoning which is doing a ropes course through a canyon with glacier water. It's what I'm most looking forward to. The air here in Zermatt is also just great. No cars, so you never get a whiff any exhaust, supposedly it has the cleanest air in the world and I believe it. 

I updated with some better pics. It really is breath taking out here. On Monday I'm going canyoning which is doing a ropes course through a canyon with glacier water. It's what I'm most looking forward to. The air here in Zermatt is also just great. No cars, so you never get a whiff any exhaust, supposedly it has the cleanest air in the world and I believe it. 

Speaking of clean air, I quit smoking four months ago.  Thank you for the assistance btw.  Are you there on business or pleasure?

BTW, guys, I am actually recording something tomorrow night.  Yes, recording a program on TV.  Like, with a tape.  On a VHS.  OMG!  When was the last time you heard those words uttered?  :lmao:

Problem is that I don't have a DVR, but have to work tomorrow night and really want to record something, so the VHS tape is back in style, baby!  :pimp:

BTW, guys, I am actually recording something tomorrow night. Yes, recording a program on TV. Like, with a tape. On a VHS. OMG! When was the last time you heard those words uttered? :lmao:

Problem is that I don't have a DVR, but have to work tomorrow night and really want to record something, so the VHS tape is back in style, baby! :pimp:

You don't visit Banter very much do you, James? :)

Archived