• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September Banter

mackerel_sky

Hope the showers/storms hold off until late today. We're getting a new adjustable split king bed delivered sometime between 11-3. Wife needs the adjustable with all her surgeries over the last 2 years. Trying to get 5 pillows stacked just right so she's partially comfortable has become a joke. We decided on the dual adjustable, because, well, I may need it down the road myself. Better to get it now while I'm still healthy, 'just in case'... kinda like the decision she made 10 years ago before we got married, to add a covered side porch with 18" wide steps with just a 5" rise. Sure has helped her out with her limited mobility now.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Their forecast has as much of a chance of being right as anyone elses, it was a very interesting read!

Anybody watching the Panthers game today?

It was a good read. That is the only almanac I buy every year. The others are just second wannabes whose forecasts cannot be relied upon! :lmao:

Prolly not, on the Panthers game.

Well... 3rd year taking the Jeep to the SCCA Solo National Championships. As usual, Jeff Kiesel ran away from us. BUT, this year my 24 year old son went with me and after driving the car only twice, managed to get 2nd place while I finished 0.360 seconds back in 3rd... again. Three years in a row in third place. But I couldn't have been a more proud dad standing on the podium with him ahead of me!

:-)

Here is a playlist of our runs from both courses:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHN45S0bSyltBVqDqzvWd1qpckjBy93lt

Matthew getting air

post-594-0-08421800-1410123181_thumb.jpg

L-R Jeff Christianson (4th), Me (3rd), Matthew (2nd)

post-594-0-09342200-1410123217_thumb.jpg

post-594-0-19130800-1410123247_thumb.jpg

This must be pretty brutal in the mountains!!! :D :D :D

City, State: Pisgah National Forest, NC      County: Yancey County Latitude: 36.0528°      Longitude: -82.3792° Elevation: 3634 feet above sea level

Current conditions at NJES as of Sunday, September 7th, 2014 @ 5:00 PM EDT (1 hr, 22 mins ago) Temperature: 105.1 °F (40.6 °C) Dew point: 93.2 °F (34 °C)       Relative humidity: 70%

Heat index - 163 °F

On a happier note, the Panthers won! On an even happier note, I'm pretty sure on Mondays, after a Panther win, you can get a dozen original glazed doughnuts from Krispy Kreme for 3.99$ !

And if you have one of those Fund Raiser Buy one get on free coupons they can be combined... so 2 dozen for $3.99 + Tax

YMMV if the cashier is new.

I'm with you man, on the slaw thing. Yuck. I like mustard, ketchup (not catsup, whatever that is), chili, and onions. If I'm at Zack's in Burlington, I get a combo chili (mustard, cheese, and chili...add ketchup)! Best dog ever right there.

I pretty sure ketchup on a hot dog in NC is illegal.

You people talking about putting BBQ sauce and ketchup on a dog must be from up north.

Archived