• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September Banter

mackerel_sky

Sounds awesome! My VCR is so simple to use, I have mastered every feature on the remote...well, except for the tracking. Can't quite figure that one out.

How is your wife doing?

Man, I love my VCR ! I didn't know anybody still had one!? I think they are about to make a comeback! You know , the whole -old is new again. Kind of like record players. It's time for a new generation to enjoy squiggly lines, tracking,rewind, FF, and tape jams and head cleaners, good times! :)

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, I love my VCR ! I didn't know anybody still had one!? I think they are about to make a comeback! You know , the whole -old is new again. Kind of like record players. It's time for a new generation to enjoy squiggly lines, tracking,rewind, FF, and tape jams and head cleaners, good times! :)

I've been recording over the same tape for about two years.  Tracking is no longer helping. :(

Slow news day.

JB had a good video out today on WB, touting the recently released JMA monthlies, which only went out to Dec.  But, showed what he has been calling for, warm in East for Oct/Nov and blocking setting up for December.  Central based Nino setting up too.  A few other things but he is still all in for a crazy winter.

It's going to be a long 3 months waiting for December to get here.

JB had a good video out today on WB, touting the recently released JMA monthlies, which only went out to Dec. But, showed what he has been calling for, warm in East for Oct/Nov and blocking setting up for December. Central based Nino setting up too. A few other things but he is still all in for a crazy winter.

I'll gladly take a warm fall if it means a cold and snowy winter! At least now, we're getting into the season where we have some periodic thugs to look forward to: winter outlooks, Siberian snow over advancement, jshetley canceling winter, etc. :)

JB had a good video out today on WB, touting the recently released JMA monthlies, which only went out to Dec.  But, showed what he has been calling for, warm in East for Oct/Nov and blocking setting up for December.  Central based Nino setting up too.  A few other things but he is still all in for a crazy winter.

We've debated this through the years about the correlation between warm falls and cold winters. Just from memory, there does seem to be a scenario where a warm pattern in late October into November leads to cold flip around the start of December. This pattern then tends to dominate/predominate the rest of winter.

** even have my pet theory/idea about big storms(nor esters) at the end of October; which if happens signals a future warm winter pattern. There have only been a few years that I've observed this but for those few years we've had warm winters. Maybe this goes along with the warm fall cold winter idea; whereas if the fall is cold there is more troughing which increases the chances of big storms.    

We've debated this through the years about the correlation between warm falls and cold winters. Just from memory, there does seem to be a scenario where a warm pattern in late October into November leads to cold flip around the start of December. This pattern then tends to dominate/predominate the rest of winter.

** even have my pet theory/idea about big storms(nor esters) at the end of October; which if happens signals a future warm winter pattern. There have only been a few years that I've observed this but for those few years we've had warm winters. Maybe this goes along with the warm fall cold winter idea; whereas if the fall is cold there is more troughing which increases the chances of big storms.    

Yeah, I thought there something to the effect of warm October and blocking in the winter.  I can't recall either.

I'll gladly take a warm fall if it means a cold and snowy winter! At least now, we're getting into the season where we have some periodic thugs to look forward to: winter outlooks, Siberian snow over advancement, jshetley canceling winter, etc. :)

I think you went a little far there, CR.  I mean, jshetley can be a downer, but should we characterize him as a thug?  :P

Don't worry you probably just got the enterovirus D68. Kidding aside, you might really have it. It is being reported in NC now. Take care! 

I had it, my whole family got it, it was awful.  It took 3 weeks to get over, we all went on antibiotics for some ailment because of it, I was on 2 inhalers too.

Archived