joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September Obs.

mackerel_sky

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Outflow boundaries everywhere in the Upstate right now.  Had a big blob of convection heading right at me, but now it jogged due north.

I would expect another nice blob to form soon, but it will be to my north and your east. Gaffney is probably in line to get at least 1 inch during the next 1-2 hours. And the other goes north of both of us.

Hmmm --- this doesn't make sense.... WRAL during commercials just now said "Our weekend is trending drier. Details at 11." ... meanwhile, RAH just issued a flash flood watch until 5:00AM on the 14th.

930 PM EDT FRI SEP 12 2014...FLASH FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT THROUGH LATE SATURDAY NIGHT...THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN RALEIGH HAS ISSUED A* FLASH FLOOD WATCH FOR A PORTION OF CENTRAL NORTH CAROLINA...  INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING AREAS...ANSON...CUMBERLAND...  DAVIDSON...HARNETT...HOKE...JOHNSTON...LEE...MONTGOMERY...  MOORE...RANDOLPH...RICHMOND...SAMPSON...SCOTLAND...STANLY...  WAYNE AND WILSON.* THROUGH LATE SATURDAY NIGHT* SOIL MOISTURE CONDITIONS CONTINUE TO BE VERY WET ACROSS THE  REGION DUE TO RECENT HEAVY RAINS. ADDITIONAL ROUNDS OF SHOWERS  AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WITH VERY HEAVY RAIN ARE EXPECTED  LATER TONIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY EVENING IN AND CLOSE TO THE WATCH  AREA. WIDESPREAD RAINFALL AMOUNTS OF 1 TO 2 INCHES ARE EXPECTED  WITH LOCALLY 3 TO 4 INCHES POSSIBLE. ANY ADDITIONAL RAINFALL  WILL RUNOFF RAPIDLY... POSSIBLY PRODUCING FLASH FLOODING.* THE RAINFALL SHOULD OCCUR IN SEVERAL ROUNDS. THE FIRST ROUND IS  EXPECTED LATER TONIGHT. ADDITIONAL ROUNDS OF HEAVY RAIN ARE  EXPECTED SATURDAY INTO SATURDAY NIGHT AS A WAVE OF LOW PRESSURE  SHOULD TRACK ALONG THE NEARLY STATIONARY FRONT OVER THE REGION.  SLOW MOVING SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS WILL HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO  DROP LOCALLY EXCESSIVE RAINFALL... WITH THE THREAT OF FLOODING  INCREASING WITH EACH SUCCESSIVE ROUND OF RAIN.

2.12 inches of rainfall overnight IMBY.  About a third of that before midnight, and the rest after.  The thunder and lightning were pretty much constant after 10 PM until 2 AM.  The weather radio kept going off every 20 minutes or so with a new flood warning, frequently enough that I finally unplugged it and tore the batteries out.  I have a love/hate relationship with that radio.

No mowing this morning...   :loon:

Rain is diminishing as it approaches from the SW. I tend to do this probably too often, and too soon, but I'm beginning to doubt the need for the flash flood watch we're currently under. I certainly don't want flooding conditions, but it just doesn't appear to be the threat it looked like yesterday. Guess we'll see as the day unfolds.

.12, with scattered flooding on urban anthills!

lol - not even the anthills are flooding around here.  had maybe 10 drops yesterday (while storms raged just to the north) and now all the great percentages of rain through sunday are gone :(

seems like its been a month since mby has had any rain

Archived