• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September Obs.

mackerel_sky

It's radar-estimated, but I found 6.64" in Cleveland area (halfway between Clayton and Benson) and 7.52" in Princeton area of Johnston County. Hate that I'm missing out on this event because I don't think JoCo have gotten this much rain since I moved in 5 years ago.

Just to clarify that 6.64" measurement was in middle of dark red mass, not a pink pixel. 

Blue, where did you get that map?

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was the heaviest 2 day event we've had since I started keeping daily precip. reports with CoCoRaHS in Aug. 2008. It did, in fact, surpass the total rain from TS Hanna (4.54") on September 5-6, 2008.

Because of the way CoCoRaHS does their recording, though, (7:00AM - 7:00AM), it was only about the 5th highest 'daily' total, at 3.73". However, in the 24 hour period from 3:30AM Monday to 3:30AM Tuesday, we picked up 4.68".

Thanks much. Maybe one day, I'll hit that up. The free map that's on the RAH site is not nearly as nice as yours. :)

It's an awesome program.  I've been using it for years and years. I got so many free upgrades with major improvements over the years, that I finally felt guilty enough to just buy the damn thing again.  They also have also a level 2 program that displays 3d analysis of storms. I've been tempted to go for that but haven't so far.  When I switched all my home computers to Apple several years ago, I actually bought a cheap Toshiba laptop just to run this program 24/7.  

It's an awesome program.  I've been using it for years and years. I got so many free upgrades with major improvements over the years, that I finally felt guilty enough to just buy the damn thing again.  They also have also a level 2 program that displays 3d analysis of storms. I've been tempted to go for that but haven't so far.  When I switched all my home computers to Apple several years ago, I actually bought a cheap Toshiba laptop just to run this program 24/7.

Sounds cool.  What's the difference between level 2 and 3? I assume you have to climb an extra flight of stairs to get from level to to level 3, but other than that...?

I actually loved 21-days free trial of GR2Analyst so much I decided to burn off $250 of my high school graduation money to buy it. Not only there's more details on radar than GRLevel3, but also many kind of tools while tracking tornado outbreaks. You can also actually go back into past by requesting NCDC for files and uploading them to GR2A. I still use GRLevel3 for rainfall maps and few other stuff, though :)

Here's Hurricane Charley I was looking at this past summer that I made into GIF:

2w2rk74.jpg

Archived