joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September Obs.

mackerel_sky

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not surprised - our 50% for tonight is now 30%.

BEST CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE NIGHT WILL BE ACROSS THE NORTHWEST/NORTHERN PIEDMONT IN PROXIMITY TO THE APPROACHING LOW-LEVEL FRONTAL CONVERGENCE ZONE WITH OTHERWISE LITTLE TO NO UPPER LEVEL SUPPORT. WILL KEEP POPS IN THE CHANCE CATEGORIES ACROSS THE NORTH/NORTHWEST TO SLIGHT CHANCE SE. 

Heavy rainfall here in the Hickory area tonight with loud claps of thunder.  It rained for about an hour and a half beginning around 6:00 PM.  Final tally was 1.74 inches of rainfall.  However, it looks like a few more showers might roll through here soon, so we might approach 2 inches before midnight.  This is the greatest daily rainfall total at my abode in several weeks.

Heavy thunderstorms in the forecast today and tomorrow. Lake City is at 14 inches now. NWS has a long nice discussion this morning. Today moisture convergence is greatest over SE GA, so I better get 15 inches if rain today. So far we have had BS with this significant rain event.

Sent from my N9810 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Edit: They took heavy thunderstorms out of the forecast as soon as I posted this. :rolleyes:

post-5947-141009628133.jpg

79F....73 dp...83% humidity....ugh. 

Just heard a super loud thunderclap...more rain w00t! Already rained/drizzled most of the morning. Today and tonights fc says heavy t-storms, and tomorrow/tom night says t-storms...80% all the way around. 100% chance heavy tstorms tonight. Wow. Gonna get some rain eh. Any chance these will be severe?

Ooh lots of thunder, me likey.

Still no rain here and not looking for any since everything is south. And now the GFS shows 95-100 temps coming back to the upstate next week.

Funny that GSP has temps at 5 degrees or more below avg through Wed, then a couple of degrees above normal for Thursday , then below normal through the weekend! They must be looking at a different GFS !? You sure you weren't looking at the JMA?

Funny that GSP has temps at 5 degrees or more below avg through Wed, then a couple of degrees above normal for Thursday , then below normal through the weekend! They must be looking at a different GFS !? You sure you weren't looking at the JMA?

It was the GFS showing those hot temps for Friday if I read the map right. Since I don't have access to the Euro I dont know what it shows but maybe it shows cooler temps that day and those are what GSP is using in the forecast. 

Edit: I see that GSP says upper 80's for my county Friday and hopefully that'll work out since I'm tired of the 90's.

Archived