Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September Obs.

mackerel_sky

Yipppee! Dry and 85.

Hate to get all shetley on y'all , but the weekend washout with heavy rain threat, really was a bust!

I got lucky to get half an inch last night

Just a couple days ago, it looked like you were going to get a goodly amount. [brick] These models suck and can't be trusted. [/brick]

Letting up here now. Picked up about an inch, I guess.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very breezy out and skies are very chaotic, low clouds whipping off to the SW, thunderheads behind them when you can see breaks. Really need that convection near Spartanburg that's trying to move west, to link up with convection over Anderson, that looks to be building Easy, it's a stretch, but it's trying! Down to 80.4 and very breezy, gusts to 25-30

Couple of pics from flooding around work today. One is a creek that runs beside the property and one is a parking lot. The parking lot pic actually has the deep( 2 feet) gutter in it. Its the 2 lines on the right. The ditch in the back feeds that gutter and you can tell it was way backed up. The parking lot had a few inches of water in it.

IMG_20140907_193048_zps9d1db6ef.jpg

3" over the past 24 hours. Still a light rain. Today's forecast says heavy t-storms especially during the afternoon. 1-2" of rain. Tonight's says the same thing. Surprised there is no flood watch at the very least? Seems like a flood warning is warranted. Just drove the kids to school about an hour ago and the roads were certainly ponding in many locations.

Since yesterday afternoon the NWS radar estimate shows about 4-5" at my house, in the purple circle.  I don't think we quite got that much, but it's been pouring.  Anyway, I can't complain for at least the next week or two.

attachicon.gifRain.jpg

One CoCoRaHS station over by you reported in with 4.11" in the past 24 hours.

mcd0352.gif

MESOSCALE PRECIPITATION DISCUSSION 0352NWS WEATHER PREDICTION CENTER COLLEGE PARK MD919 AM EDT MON SEP 08 2014 AREAS AFFECTED.....8CAROLINAS AND SOUTHEAST VIRGINIA...  CONCERNING...HEAVY RAINFALL...FLASH FLOODING POSSIBLE  VALID 081319Z - 081819Z SUMMARY...FLASH FLOODING WILL BECOME INCREASINGLY PROBABLE BYMIDDAY AS CONVECTION INCREASES AND INTENSIFIES.DISCUSSION...12Z KGSO AND KMHX RAOBS SHOW DEEP MOIST CONDITIONSWITH PW VALUES OVER 2 INCHES AND AVERAGE CLOUD LAYER WINDS OF 15KNOTS OR LESS.  CONVECTION ALSO CONTINUES TO INCREASE ALONG ANDNORTH OF A STATIONARY FRONT DRAPED ALONG THE NC/SC COAST...ANDALSO WITHIN VICINITY OF A SECONDARY COASTAL BOUNDARY OR SURFACETROUGH NEAR ELIZABETH CITY AND WITHIN AN ENHANCED PLUME OF LOW/MIDLEVEL INFLOW CROSSING WILMINGTON.  LIGHTENING TRENDS AND THE KCAERADAR ALSO SHOW WARM RAIN PROCESSES OCCURRING EAST OF COLUMBIAWITH ECHO TOPS NEAR 35 KFT AND ABSENCE OF LIGHTENING IN A NARROWAREA EAST OF COLUMBIA.EXTRAPOLATION OF CURRENT CONDITIONS ALONG WITH HI-RES GUIDANCESUPPORT CONTINUED EXPANSION AND INTENSIFICATION OF DEEP CONVECTIONWITHIN THE HIGHLIGHTED AREA WITH RAIN RATES OF 1.5 TO 2.0 INCHESPER HOUR EASILY SUPPORTED.  HOWEVER...RAIN RATES MAY ACTUALLYEXCEED 2 INCHES PER HOUR WITHIN THE WARM CORE AXIS NEAR FLORENCEWHERE CLOUD LAYER WINDS ARE WEAKEST. ADDITIONALLY...HI-RESGUIDANCE IS GENERALLY UNANIMOUS IN ALLOWING DEEP CONVECTION EASTOF ELIZABETH CITY TO REFORM INLAND WHILE POSSIBLY LIFTING SLIGHTLYNORTHWARD...WITH 2 OR MORE HOURS OF VERY HEAVY RAIN POSSIBLE. ALTHOUGH FFG VALUES ARE GENERALLY MODEST OR HIGH ACROSS MUCH OFTHE REGION....THE POTENTIAL FOR EXCEPTIONALLY HIGH RAIN RATES FOR2 OR MORE HOURS WARRANTS A HIGHLIGHTED AND FOCUSED AREA OFPOSSIBLE FLASH FLOODING THROUGH 18Z.JAMES

One CoCoRaHS station over by you reported in with 4.11" in the past 24 hours.

Solak, what site do you use to get these obs?

I downloaded the WeatherBug app and it won't let you type in your address for a location (at least I can't find a way to do it).  I'd like to use an official ob station as a proxy.

Archived