joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September Discusssion--winter bound or bust

moneypitmike

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Typical NNE spots, but it won't be too bad here I think. Later next week looks legit. Euro also had some onshore flow which may mute temps this weekend.

MPM might disagree with that assessment, when I said heat to the board its generic not site specific, interior New England shown by that model is lower 30s to low 40s, chilly stuff. The CP is usually warm

Heat? Maybe in CAR?

IMG_20140911_184630.jpg.png
Wow that's pretty chilly. Freeze to the Berks, frost RT2 corridor further east. But I'll eat my hat if BTV gets to 31F like the mountain valleys. They must not put much climo into that...being next to a warm lake is hard to pull a mid-Sept freeze at BTV. But verbatim that's half of New England with frost or freeze.

Wow that's pretty chilly. Freeze to the Berks, frost RT2 corridor further east. But I'll eat my hat if BTV gets to 31F like the mountain valleys. They must not put much climo into that...being next to a warm lake is hard to pull a mid-Sept freeze at BTV. But verbatim that's half of New England with frost or freeze.

Lol my thoughts exactly.

After the 0.41" of rainfall this morning, late afternoon featured more classic fall weather with cooler temperatures, gusty winds, and clouds glued to the mountain tops. 

As you can see, not much color change at all up here so far.  Lush.  This is a view of the Worcester Range from the village.  Taken from 750ft looking up to the 3,000-3500ft ridgline...peak elevation is over 3,600ft.  An underrated chain of mountains.

10304436_10101990955071940_5004374000890

First CME arrived, solar wind is meh but there is some aurora action ongoing right now.   NOT really naked eye visible yet because it's just above the horizon, but if you're in a super dark sky spot you might be able to make out the faintest trace of light.  My camera picks it up.

I'll take a peak here since we just cleared out. Let me know if it gets exciting there over the next couple nights.

I'll take a peak here since we just cleared out. Let me know if it gets exciting there over the next couple nights.

First CME arrived, solar wind is meh but there is some aurora action ongoing right now.   NOT really naked eye visible yet because it's just above the horizon, but if you're in a super dark sky spot you might be able to make out the faintest trace of light.  My camera picks it up.

I wish there wasn't so much light pollution here. Tomorrow night I'll probably take a drive to NH and find a dark place with a view :)

Looks like after some milder weather in the 11-15 day, we may see more ridging out west again. Perhaps a cooler start to October, but some people are thinking a warmer mid October. Part of that is the anticipation of a below normal WPAC typhoon activity at the time...but that isn't always the only driver of the pattern. It's probably going to depend on convection and MJO/CCKW stuff in the WPAC. Definitely a muddied signal there. Not that it matters in the grand scheme of things...just having some disco.

Archived