joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September Discusssion--winter bound or bust

moneypitmike

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nam being nam . Even in NYC slice that precip by 75%. Couple hit or miss showers for most if the region save for CC which may get clipped by secondary. It's just a dry pattern . As Michael says the ridge up to our NE killed this one.

if the eastern system steals the moisture you will be right.   I've seen the NAM have great and awful solutions at 12-24 hrs.  Guess we'll find out tomorrow.  Best chances obviously SW CT and less as you go north and east

Haha we've been upper 70' to near 80, and the afternoon sun exposure just heats the place up! I've opened the windows some, but I work some weird shifts, so I need to have it quiet while I'm sleeping. Plus I've got some allergies that I want to keep in check.

Anddd I just love AC.

Yea been sneezing like a mofo last 3 days.

I haven't even switched my condo out of AC mode yet haha.

I stupidly left the sliding door open to the deck last night and this morning it's straight cold in the house...won't touch the heat though in September. If we get some sun temps will rebound but the moisture under the inversion never goes anywhere quickly.

If the GFS is right, a lot of plants will be done by the end of the week for typical cold spots.

Yeah whats up with how cold it is? It was the warmer model a couple days ago but now its going frigid by late next week, lol. 850 0C line reaches the pike. That's really cold for that early. Probably will end up closer to the Euro which was +6...though the 00z run was warmer than previous runs, so perhaps it goes back a bit colder again.

Yeah whats up with how cold it is? It was the warmer model a couple days ago but now its going frigid by late next week, lol. 850 0C line reaches the pike. That's really cold for that early. Probably will end up closer to the Euro which was +6...though the 00z run was warmer than previous runs, so perhaps it goes back a bit colder again.

One interesting thing I noticed is how smoothed out and relatively mild the ensemble runs were like 7-10 days out. Naturally one would expect the ensembles to not pick up on sharp cold or warm shots...but this sort has been the theme for awhile now. The op runs now and then have shown these cold shots, but we know the caveats on these op runs. The one thing about the ensembles that key in on the possibility of the cold shot, is the ridging they have on the ensembles out west, despite the warmer look. Almost like you know the possibility is there, but it makes medium range forecasting difficult. 

Archived