joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September Discusssion--winter bound or bust

moneypitmike

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CT really taking it on the chin with this one and is in worst shape...you can't make this stuff up..right from the horse's mouth..not looking promising either

Close

BxaxE_OIEAAPaXR.png

I have a hard time believing we are below normal in rain, but I guess that's last 90 days? August was slightly below in precip, but over 7" in July made up for it easily. We are over 2" so far in September (+.75" from normal to date). And year to date is solidly above normal, while only being 3" less than last years record rainfall.

I figure with over 17" since June 1st we wouldn't be below normal. I thought we'd be in the similar zone as NNH and NW ME.

Pretty sure my locale has that all beaten with like half an inch said 8/1. That said, the QPF cometh here in the winter always.

Since 6/1, it's definitely that corridor from central RI into SE MA that takes the cake when it comes to low rainfall totals. Pretty much all around 7" in that time, or about a month and a half's worth of rain below normal.

And I misquoted the PWM numbers, that was just for August. For the season we were actually over 10" above normal. :devilsmiley:

Since 6/1, it's definitely that corridor from central RI into SE MA that takes the cake when it comes to low rainfall totals. Pretty much all around 7" in that time, or about a month and a half's worth of rain below normal.

And I misquoted the PWM numbers, that was just for August. For the season we were actually over 10" above normal. :devilsmiley:

That extends back into the Eastern 2/3 of CT. Western 1/3 of CT has been at least somewhat wetter

SE Mass had all those rains from the TS on July 4th weekend..that west areas missed..that's the difference

Yeah just off the top of my head that's probably what I had here, maybe a bit less. It's really since July 4th where for some reason things just missed. I did ok in June. It's probably the driest I can remember in quite some time.

That extends back into the Eastern 2/3 of CT. Western 1/3 of CT has been at least somewhat wetter

SE Mass had all those rains from the TS on July 4th weekend..that west areas missed..that's the difference

Those are from BOX COOP sites, the only CT site near the top of the list had over a month of missing data. From what I saw, CT totals ran around 9-10" through yesterday.

Back to back temperature busts...I was wondering if afternoon temps of 48-52F on consecutive mid-September days was note-worthy because man this is a shock to the body. Our 24 hour high temp is 51F and it's settling again back into the upper 40s as rain starts.

Ginxy's favorite, record low maxes:

"Expecting temperatures to reach maximum readings this morning through midday west to east then to wetbulb down to 46-52 after the rain starts. After a temperature forecast bust and a few new record low maximum temperatures set yesterday as clouds held tough and busted our temperature forecast by 6-7 degrees. At btv we only reached 56, mpv 52, mss 54, 1v4 55. Record low maximums today are 52 at btv, 50 at mss, 54 at mpv, and 55 at St. J. It could be close."

Archived