Newest Member
    joxey
September Discusssion--winter bound or bust

moneypitmike

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A chance of showers after 2:00 pm on the point and click in SW CT

Nope.   Showers likely.  Don't think you're going to see many outdoor activities in that.

-

• Saturday Showers likely, mainly after 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 69. East wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
  • Saturday Night Showers likely, mainly before 8pm. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 57. East wind 8 to 15 mph becoming north after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Still 40s at 9am...48/40 here. MPV is 47/42 currently. Wind chills in the low 40s.

NW winds of 5-15mph and the first time I've seen the wind chill column activated on the MesoWest Obs page.

Must be fall...

Today...Cloudy this morning...then becoming partly sunny. Highs in the upper 50s. North winds around 10 mph. Gusts up to 25 mph this morning.

Lol .10 of an inch of a chance of showers. That means little or no rain

you must have an agenda where you don't want it to rain?   Showers LIKELY (70% chance) and .10 to .25 with another .10 in the evening.

AFD:

ON SATURDAY...A STRONG

MID LEVEL SHORTWAVE MOVES NORTHEAST OVER THE GREAT LAKES INTO

SOUTHEAST CANADA. MEANWHILE A WAVE OF LOW PRESSURE IS EXPECTED TO

DEVELOP ALONG THE FRONT OVER THE TENNESSEE VALLEY WITH ANOTHER AREA

OF LOW PRESSURE DEVELOPING OFF THE NORTH CAROLINA COAST.

THIS SCENARIO WILL SPREAD SHOWERS ACROSS THE AREA ON SATURDAY.

Whats sad is its Friday and we can't get a good solid consistent forecast for tomorrow , we are not talking convection here either.

Dude your "test the heat" comment was spot on, lol. 

I did not see this chill coming like this... we have not budged out of the mid/upper 40s in the past several hours.  Overcast skies and man does 48F feel chilly with a NW breeze at 10:30am.  Just that raw fall day where temps struggle all day long type of feel...BTV keeps lowering the forecast highs, now down to 58F. 

Summit workers prepping the Gondola are saying its 35F and blowing up high...I was up there yesterday and it was mid-50s this time.  No one really grasped it was going to get so chilly.  Sending hats and gloves up top, lol.

Holding in the upper 40s for most elevations above 500ft...and LOL at the higher spots like Coles Pond, VT and First CT Lake, NH...both sitting low 40s and not budging.

It is much colder up there at 850, so I'm not too surprised, Much warmer south of the high terrain down through central and srn NH and MA.

Yeah and I just checked, this Satellite image explains a lot...

Low inversion height with blocked flow...keeping that slate gray fall skies here (though looks like it dries out on the east side south of here) and low level temps remain steady.

I bet MWN is above this by a good 1-2000ft...Mansfield summit is brightening up a little but thick clouds between 2,300ft and near 4,000ft.

I did not see this chill coming like this... we have not budged out of the mid/upper 40s in the past several hours. Overcast skies and man does 48F feel chilly with a NW breeze at 10:30am. Just that raw fall day where temps struggle all day long type of feel...BTV keeps lowering the forecast highs, now down to 58F.

Summit workers prepping the Gondola are saying its 35F and blowing up high...I was up there yesterday and it was mid-50s this time. No one really grasped it was going to get so chilly. Sending hats and gloves up top, lol.

Holding in the upper 40s for most elevations above 500ft...and LOL at the higher spots like Coles Pond, VT and First CT Lake, NH...both sitting low 40s and not budging.

Untitled.jpg

Yea temps in the 40s with winds and clouds all day cools everything quickly. Welcome to fall.

I did not see this chill coming like this... we have not budged out of the mid/upper 40s in the past several hours.  Overcast skies and man does 48F feel chilly with a NW breeze at 10:30am.  Just that raw fall day where temps struggle all day long type of feel...BTV keeps lowering the forecast highs, now down to 58F. 

Summit workers prepping the Gondola are saying its 35F and blowing up high...I was up there yesterday and it was mid-50s this time.  No one really grasped it was going to get so chilly.  Sending hats and gloves up top, lol.

attachicon.gifUntitled.jpg

I haven't even switched my condo out of AC mode yet haha.

you're running the AC with temps in the low 70's day and 50's at night?  Open the windows!!

Haha we've been upper 70' to near 80, and the afternoon sun exposure just heats the place up! I've opened the windows some, but I work some weird shifts, so I need to have it quiet while I'm sleeping. Plus I've got some allergies that I want to keep in check.

Anddd I just love AC.

Archived