joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August 2014

Rtd208

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll take this weather the rest of my life.

This post gave me clinical depression.

It is indeed a somewhat depressing statement. I feel like we haven't gotten a long enough summer yet, and we're already talking rapidly shortening days. Good news is we should have an extended back-end of summer due to a warmer than normal September. Very strong support for it. If we're not going to have many 90s, at least extend the 80s until the end of Sept.

It is indeed a somewhat depressing statement. I feel like we haven't gotten a long enough summer yet, and we're already talking rapidly shortening days. Good news is we should have an extended back-end of summer due to a warmer than normal September. Very strong support for it. If we're not going to have many 90s, at least extend the 80s until the end of Sept.

There needs to be a pattern change, if not, then it will be more of the same.

Absolutely incredible period of weather coming up for the Thursday-Monday time frame. Basically continues the theme of this summer -- a few very warm/humid days as we're seeing right now, followed by another bout of low dew point air on NWLY winds.

Thursday-Monday should be 82-85 degree days (near normal or a shade below), coupled with 55F dew points and sunshine, will yield some beautiful outdoor conditions. The very temperate summer of 2014 marches on.

Absolutely incredible period of weather coming up for the Thursday-Monday time frame. Basically continues the theme of this summer -- a few very warm/humid days as we're seeing right now, followed by another bout of low dew point air on NWLY winds.

Thursday-Monday should be 82-85 degree days (near normal or a shade below), coupled with 55F dew points and sunshine, will yield some beautiful outdoor conditions. The very temperate summer of 2014 marches on.

Halle-f'n-lujah

I would watch that front, it continues to tick north today.

Nice extended summer would be nice, what do you see Iso that makes you think Sept can stay warm after this mild summer so far?  Thanks

incredible: sandy, boxing day, 2011 heat wave, 2010 heat wave, 2011 late summer rains, octobomb

"nice" wx: painfully boring

incredible: sandy, boxing day, 2011 heat wave, 2010 heat wave, 2011 late summer rains, octobomb

"nice" wx: painfully boring

Yeah I hear you. I could never live in a place with sunny / pleasant weather year-round (like CA).

This summer at least locally, has been fairly decent so far T-storm wise so I can't complain too much about this recent tranquility.

Yeah I hear you. I could never live in a place with sunny / pleasant weather year-round (like CA).

This summer at least locally, has been fairly decent so far T-storm wise so I can't complain too much about this recent tranquility.

I would have heat than t storms......gets boring real fast.

We live in one of the most active weather locations in the country. Around here we can have pretty much everything, from tornadoes to blizzards to hurricanes, and extreme heat and cold (though not cold like the Dakotas).

The mean trough axis has been either just off to the west or just off to the east with places to our west, south and even northeast receiving more consisten rain then us. Our immediate area has had the benefit or being more centrally located within the trough itself leading to mostly fair skies and comfortable temperatures. Eventually the bubble is going to break.

the other summers without many 90 degree days were wetter with some all day rains...there have been many nice and sunny days so far this summer...

96.04,09 also all well below normal

So far this year overall still on the plus side Jun-Jul.  Back from a wet Florida this weekend to a gorgeous day topped out at 89 here.  Looks like 90 in New Brunswick, EWR. 

Doing some quick checking for my station... this year has the 2nd coolest Jan-July period since 1979(2003 was cooler) and the coolest Aug-July twelve month period since 1978.

That is interesting.  Which month had the largest departures?

None of the current modeling, including the 18z NAM is handling the convection very well currently over southern NY. The models which have at least somewhat of a surface reflection do bring activity into the northern 2/3rds of the area tonight.

The 20z RAP has the activity crossing the area in about 2-3 hours from now.

rap_namer_004_precip_p01.gif

Excellent for early season football and late season baseball.

Almost a San Diego summer.  Just awesome.

For which period?

What were the actual numbers? You have to remember anything before 2010 was using the 1970-2000 30 year average which is lower. That's why I like to compare actual temps as opposed to departures because departures are based on moving averages.

Archived