joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August 2014

Rtd208

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What were the actual numbers? You have to remember anything before 2010 was using the 1970-2000 30 year average which is lower. That's why I like to compare actual temps as opposed to departures because departures are based on moving averages.

Yes the stats I posted were based on actual temps and not the departures... the departures I post are calculated from my own station... I have over 30 years of record and I update the normals after every month. Im pretty thorough with my stats.lol.

Models look pretty meh for activity today...so I'm guessing the HRRR will show a massive squall line moving through the area tonight?

If it doesn't rain today we might not see a drop for the next week to 10 days

Even the HRRR looks pretty meh for today. It shows some isolated/widely scattered showers and storms around between 3-7PM or so.

Todays highs.  Central Park grabs a 90'

TEB: 96 *(faulty)

NYC: 90

New Brnswick: 90

PHL:90

EWR: 89

LGA: 89

TTN: 88

ISP: 85

JFK: 85

ACY: 85

I wonder when the last time that NYC was the lone 90 between NYC-LGA-EWR-JFK during JJA?

NYC has not been the only 90 among these stations during JJA 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013.

So we would have to go back to before 2009 for an occurrence.

I wonder when the last time that NYC was the lone 90 between NYC-LGA-EWR-JFK during JJA?

NYC has not been the only 90 among these stations during JJA 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013.

So we would have to go back to before 2009 for an occurrence.

Not sure bluewave but I think there might have been a time or two last year.  Ill have to check the other thread.

Just had about a 5 minute period of marble sized hail (on average, some a bit larger) here in Poughkeepsie.  I was actually playing baseball with my wife and son in Port Ewen (just south of Kingston) and the storm was barely more than a brief downpour with a little thunder.  We left the field to come home and got caught in it as it rapidly developed.

Just had about a 5 minute period of marble sized hail (on average, some a bit larger) here in Poughkeepsie.  I was actually playing baseball with my wife and son in Port Ewen (just south of Kingston) and the storm was barely more than a brief downpour with a little thunder.  We left the field to come home and got caught in it as it rapidly developed.

that's turned into a decent sized cell on radar, looks to get SE NY and maybe extreme SW CT

Surprised by the lack of interest in this rogue severe t-storm cell moving through southwest connecticut, making a bee-line for North Central Long island, and should be arriving in about an hour.

I feel good about this one holding together...

Fell apart quickly as it dropped south-story of the summer.  We got clipped by the eastern edge-some breezy conditions and a shower...enough to mess up the evening.

Archived