joxey
July 2014

SACRUS

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Pamela

i kind of got screwed two days ago. 1.61" two day total in springfield

I think that's the first time I ever saw you editorialize on the weather at your location...you usually take the dispassionate route.

Guest Pamela

27.4" on the year here,

Pretty good...even Paradise Ranger Station doesn't usually get 27.4" the first 4 days of July...

There is a chance right now I would say 50/50 that some locations could officially see a heat wave Mon through Wednesday as temps approach 90 in many spots . Teterboro with their overzealous thermometer would be 1 candidate..

http://wxweb.meteostar.com/sample/sample.shtml?text=kewr

I added you here for the main july discussion.  I agree and overall beginning for some tomorrow, the next 7 - 10 days looks very warm overall and at times much above normal as the WAR felexes its muscle and meets the us ridge.  ECM still has 850 temps >20c tue/wed...

Gorgeous morning today - always nice in the wake of a hurricane.  Looks like im peaking at the pacific in Huntington beacgh today - nice surf from Arthur.  Ocean a frigid 54f now though by me near Bay Head

Keep in mind, models under 144hr, underestimated temperatures last week. The flow more SW-WSW with 850mb temps 18-21C means more widespread heat and more 95F+ temps possible, next week.

You can knock atleast 10 degrees off that once the seabreeze kicks in along the coast and LI

No problem with that paul. Havent experienced any oppressive heat this year yet which is pretty good.

Yeah, the temperatures this summer so far have been very comfortable on Long Island. All the warm days have

been on a S to SW flow instead of the W to WNW hot offshore flow of recent years. Next week looks like

more of the same. The places that could overperform like last week on the heat will be west of NYC again.

Our lack of severe this week was also a result of the ENE to NE storm motion. Our best severe days

are storms moving E or SE.

Wouldn't take the Euro's LI temps seriously due to the resolution nature. Monday looks significantly cooler at the coast with strong southerly flow. Winds diminish for proceeding days with WSW flow which will allow the coast to warm up more. Don't know if it will be enough to hit 90 though.

Yup just like every summer, 90s will soon become the norm in a few years.

90s won't be the norm around here unless a lot more atmospheric manipulation occurs than we currently do. With a business as usual trajectory I can see NYC averaging around 90 for July and part of August in 50 or 60 years.

Guest Pamela

90s won't be the norm around here unless a lot more atmospheric manipulation occurs than we currently do. With a business as usual trajectory I can see NYC averaging around 90 for July and part of August in 50 or 60 years.

Well if the Sundog model says so...

In my opinion 50 or 60 years is a very optimistic estimate especially if our global temps start to spike upward again. I'll give it about 20 years or so. 

Archived