• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
July 2014 General Discussion

snowlover2

Trying not to be homer but I'd lean LAF.  We blew the doors off our previous high snowfall season (like 60").  Detroit didn't beat its old record by nearly the same amount IIRC?

I believe it was around 2" that we beat our record.

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trying not to be homer but I'd lean LAF. We blew the doors off our previous high snowfall season (like 60"). Detroit didn't beat its old record by nearly the same amount IIRC?

no Detroit only beat the record by 1.3" and it wasnt done until April 15th. However they beat the old 2nd place by 16.9" and moved into 2nd place way back on Feb. 20th.

Back to the present....managed just 0.12" of rain here today.

not holding my breath for a redux of 2013-14 lol.

But the resiliency is amazing.

Im not so sure the el nino is dead, but it is kinda funny how almost everyone was hyping a super nino (many said it could put 1982-83 and 1997-98 to shame) and now its looking weaker.

It might not be dead, but the priest is on the way to give last rites.

It might still end up being a weak el Nino, which isn't always bad for us.

Haven't been keeping up on the wx...el nino dead?  Wow...that could be ugly for this coming winter.  A redux?  ahhhh!  cut firewood now!  I'm not sure i could mentally handle another 45+ days that drop below 0F, although last winter was amazingly sunny (which always make it more manageable.

Nice day here...been dry all day.  All the rain storms been staying just north of the area and skimming east...some crazy clouds to the north and east this evening.

I dont know whats more impressive...75" at LAF or 95" at DTW.

Weak el ninos tend to favor colder, snowier winters here anyway, so thats not a bad thing. It was the hyping of a record strong nino and the fact that karma owes us that I was already preparing for a super crappy 2014-15 :lol:.

Toledo at 87" was the most impressive of the season considering the average was 37"

my early guess is that the train axis sets up west of our area but who knows

Looks fairly brief before the deep trough/ULL sets up over the Lakes region early next week. 00z Euro showed 850s of +3 over northeast IL with dews in the 40s next Tuesday morning.

crazy!! :)

Not too crazy - any sort of notable trough amplification this time of year that the models agree on will lead to high confidence on negative departures given the warmest climo of the year in most of the midwest is in the mid-July period (some areas adjacent to lakes are a little bit later). Question will be how transient it will be or if the general pattern will stick around for the rest of the month.

The most unusual part of this is likely that GL temps (Michigan and Superior) are way below normal and this trough will continue to suppress those temps.

A pattern this amplified is definitely notable in July.

12Z Euro ensemble keeps the cool air in the subforum through the end of the run.

That is the worst image of that product I've seen. Unbelievably horrid.

Got a lot of rain yesterday with a good surprise storm that was brief, mixed in. The earwigs are everywhere right now. Today the forecast around many parts of mid-western Ontario is a high of 17ºC and cloudy/overcast which is similar to 6 days ago...very disgusting. Without any good thunderstorms this upcoming period is setting up to be among the worst of them.

Archived