Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
July 2014 General Discussion

snowlover2

should see a decent MCS or two in the region this weekend

Yeah the potential looks good, I am also watching longer range beyond the transient cool down, longer range models have been showing a potential ring of fire setup late next week.

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah the potential looks good, I am also watching longer range beyond the transient cool down, longer range models have been showing a potential ring of fire setup late next week.

W. Coast ridge isn't going anywhere so as long as downstream troughing over the lakes doesn't get too out of hand, we should do well

W. Coast ridge isn't going anywhere so as long as downstream troughing over the lakes doesn't get too out of hand, we should do well

Yeah it could be a cross between ring of fire and northwest flow, considering how active this summer has been this year, I think that pattern would yield nicely for the region.

A pattern this amplified is definitely notable in July.

attachicon.gif610temp.new.gif

12Z Euro ensemble keeps the cool air in the subforum through the end of the run.

How cool are we talking?  Low 70's for highs? Or, lower than that? I noted the deep blue encompasses quite a bit of the subforum, if not all of it.

Upper 70s are the coolest MEX MOS highs here for the next 180 hours.  It's possible that it's biasing toward climo but generally speaking it's very difficult to get highs in the 60s here in July unless it's cloudy. 

Mex Mos guidance is generally to cold or to warm this far out when a very strong cold or warm air mas is progged to settle in during the 4-6 day period. If it were me, I would start to look at record cold high temps, while it might be questionable over most of this sub forum MSP could see some records broken. 

Just trying to make heads or tails out of it,that's all.  Highs in the 70's are fine by me.  I've been so busy packing and getting ready to move for the last month, I have hardly been paying attention to the weather.  Got back from 2 weeks in Texas back in the middle of June to find out our new landlords won't be renewing our lease on the duplex we live in, said lease expires on 7/31.  Well, we found a place, about 1/2 a mile from where I live now, so the move will at least be a short one. 

Just trying to make heads or tails out of it,that's all.  Highs in the 70's are fine by me.  I've been so busy packing and getting ready to move for the last month, I have hardly been paying attention to the weather.  Got back from 2 weeks in Texas back in the middle of June to find out our new landlords won't be renewing our lease on the duplex we live in, said lease expires on 7/31.  Well, we found a place, about 1/2 a mile from where I live now, so the move will at least be a short one. 

good luck

Tuesda

Partly cloudy. Highs 66 to 70.

That's typically the type of weather we have to wait till around Sept 10th to see for the first time.

I was just talking to someone about how odd it has been to get all these sunny low 70's day this June and July.

I bet it would be a long search to find the last time we had a sunny upper 60's day in July...

cool shot looks to be short lived and then we head back to a more seasonal and active patter…wash, rinse, repeat

it's been a really great summer temp wise IMO…just enough warmth and humidity for frequent storms and totally comfortable.

That's the thing, we have been able to ride the fine line between an active pattern, while avoiding a warm, humid  summer, which is frequently the case when we have an active severe summer (look at 2010 for an example of a stormy, but warm summmer, 2011 as well).

Archived