joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June Banter Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today my wife found a LARGE egg in our front bushes buried under the mulch.  It's much larger than a chicken egg.  We're thinking it's a goose egg.  How it got buried under our front bushes we have no idea.  Maybe a fox robbed a nest and then hid it there for safekeeping?

Today my wife found a LARGE egg in our front bushes buried under the mulch.  It's much larger than a chicken egg.  We're thinking it's a goose egg.  How it got buried under our front bushes we have no idea.  Maybe a fox robbed a nest and then hid it there for safekeeping?

I found these big eggs in the garden a couple days ago. For the past couple days, we were on the lookout but saw no activity near the nest. Today we saw a female and two mallards nearby. The female mallard sat on the nest and the males flew off.

post-1048-0-64705600-1401755646_thumb.jp

Don't be. You know your stuff and you are great at what you do

Thanks, and I know. Just not quite as prepared as I had wanted to be, ended up in the ER last night with a sick kiddo. Croup was the diagnosis, which is treatable, but was a late night. Not much sleep, been trying to get ready and take care of a sick kid at the same time as the hubby had to go into the office for a bit this morning. So it's all just compounding the nerves.

Thanks, and I know. Just not quite as prepared as I had wanted to be, ended up in the ER last night with a sick kiddo. Croup was the diagnosis, which is treatable, but was a late night. Not much sleep, been trying to get ready and take care of a sick kid at the same time as the hubby had to go into the office for a bit this morning. So it's all just compounding the nerves.

Sorry to hear that :(  I hope the kiddo feels better and the nerves lessen some.

Just got a new phone. I didn't have any weather apps on my old phone. Any suggestions for the best weather/radar apps?

radarscope is a must. It's one of the more pricey apps at $9.99, but worth it. And theres the wunderground app, which I believe is free.

That's some article posted by CWG today. I have to admit I'm a bit skeptical of the conclusions drawn. Admittedly I read it quickly, but I didn't see mention if the fact that for the first 30 years there were no male names for storms. Maybe I just read it too fast but I'm not sold on it.

That's some article posted by CWG today. I have to admit I'm a bit skeptical of the conclusions drawn. Admittedly I read it quickly, but I didn't see mention if the fact that for the first 30 years there were no male names for storms. Maybe I just read it too fast but I'm not sold on it.

I saw that yesterday.  Thought it was from The Onion when I first saw it.  Today I found out it was real, but lots of people are already punching some seriously large holes in its conclusions. 

Interview went great! Ended up meeting with four people from four different groups in the company, so I'm hoping at least one is interested.

Baby update. She's been pretty good at letting us sleep at the appropriate hours. Even got in a 4 hr straight stretch last night. One unexpected bonus is that with my parents here my deck and fence have been completely repainted and we built a flower box around the tree in the front yard. Babies = productivity. I got to get them a tee time tomorrow to thank them

Baby update. She's been pretty good at letting us sleep at the appropriate hours. Even got in a 4 hr straight stretch last night. One unexpected bonus is that with my parents here my deck and fence have been completely repainted and we built a flower box around the tree in the front yard. Babies = productivity. I got to get them a tee time tomorrow to thank them

Take advantage of the help while you have it. My mother in law has been a godsend since I lost my job. I've been able to get things done around the house while she keeps an eye on the kiddo, and then I get to hang out with her when I need the break.

It works well.

Archived