• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June Banter Thread

WxUSAF

Finally had enough with Comcast and switched to FiOS. I'm sure I'll have problems with them as well, but I can't imagine VZ will be nearly as bad as the other. 

I did the same thing the end of last year

Comcast was constantly going out on me while neighbors with Fios were fine

I'm very happy with Fios

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never really had problems with comcast service, but the prices kept increasing and they were unwilling to reduce the rate. The latest bill was $174 and that was just for their preferred cable/internet package and two $2.99 on demand movies. Verizon was able to give me their equivalent sans DVR (don't really need it) for $93 (fees/taxes, etc. included) for two years with no contract. $81 cheaper each month made it an easy decision.

I did the same thing the end of last year

Comcast was constantly going out on me while neighbors with Fios were fine

I'm very happy with Fios

World Cup soccer brings out the Chreasters of sports, myself included.  I just can't get excited about watching a sport where scoring 2 goals is considered high scoring.  But, when it's the best of the best and there is a national pride angle to it, it makes it enjoyable to watch.

World Cup soccer brings out the Chreasters of sports, myself included. I just can't get excited about watching a sport where scoring 2 goals is considered high scoring. But, when it's the best of the best and there is a national pride angle to it, it makes it enjoyable to watch.

The whole "there's not enough scoring" canard is so passé.

Glad you're enjoying it, but it's too bad that people can't get beyond the feeling that just because there aren't goals all the time that the game isn't exciting.

No reason to be super curmudgeonly over it but is interesting to watch the confused bandwagon. DC is very patriotic at least. Cab driver today explained it all way better than any media listicle.

Anybody been to the Smithsonian folk life festival this year (or in the past)?  I imagine it's super crowded?  Worth it?  Good food options?

I went to one a good number of years ago. It was ok. They had plenty of things to look at and buy if you like hand crafted stuff. Food ranged from carnival type stuff to some ethnic foods. Can't completely recall all the options.

Archived