joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 29-30th moderate nor'easter

Mikehobbyst

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A couple inches of snow doesn't merit the dramatic "millions will be affected".  The snow will be gone by 5pm anyway, enjoy!

When it's a complete surprise and from a band producing 2"-4" an HOUR, it's a bit different.

The LIE is traveled by an enormous amount of people, as are the other main highways of Suffolk and Nassau County.

And what am I enjoying??? I did not receive a single flake of accumulation in Queens. Too far west by 10 miles.

How will they ever survive with conditions like that?!?

Will millions be affected ? Yes. Will millions be stranded on the roads? No. It will be quite a disruption , though, mainly because the forecast did not mention a flake of snow for anyone. Not a severe winter weather event, but given the surprise factor and the fact that the snow is blinding in many of those areas, it does pose potential travel problems. While these people will move on with their loves after encountering today's snow there, it is without a doubt a significant, unexpected event that would be significant for all of us that experience it (I think we all want to experience it, hence the frustration?) ;)

Sent from my iPhone

How will they ever survive with conditions like that?!?

Stop being a dickwad bro.

If you think this is not amazing on March 31st and UNFORECASTED, then I dont know that to tell you.

If you think 3" in 1 hour at an OFFICIAL station is not incredible, then again, not sure what to tell you.

For me, this is an insane image:

6BcAHFe.png

7p2Df7b.png

Stop being a dickwad bro.

If you think this is not amazing on March 31st and UNFORECASTED, then I dont know that to tell you.

If you think 3" in 1 hour at an OFFICIAL station is not incredible, then again, not sure what to tell you.

For me, this is an insane image:

6BcAHFe.png

You guys are acting like we live in Atlanta.  Come on.

Archived