• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 29-30th moderate nor'easter

Mikehobbyst

You guys are acting like we live in Atlanta.  Come on.

We don't see this during most of our HECS storms bro.

You are way over the top today:

KISP 311356Z 34014G22KT 1/4SM R06/1400V1800FT +SN FG VV004 01/M01 A2983 RMK AO2 TSB00E22 SLP102

SNINCR 3/4

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How will they ever survive with conditions like that?!?

When they miss 3- 4 inches of snow without having a single salt spreader or plow ready at rush hour on the LIE in Suffolk county they gona get blow back.  Not earth shattering but not good .

This could melt at noon but for those commuting on snow covered roads between 9 am and 11am means nothing . 

We don't see this during most of our HECS storms bro.

You are way over the top today:

KISP 311356Z 34014G22KT 1/4SM R06/1400V1800FT +SN FG VV004 01/M01 A2983 RMK AO2 TSB00E22 SLP102

SNINCR 3/4

Agreed. This is EXTREMELY impressive. For the areas that are under it, it is some of the heaviest snow of THE SEASON. Also, the forecast at this hour was calling for it to be in the upper 30s to near 40 with some rain. Instead, they are getting 3-6" of snow, all of which falls in about 2 hours. Incredible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When they miss 3- 4 inches of snow without having a single salt spreader or plow ready at rush hour on the LIE in Suffolk county they gona get blow back.  Not earth shattering but not good .

This could melt at noon but for those commuting on snow covered roads between 9 am and 11am means nothing . 

Sounds like an inconvenience unless you don't know how to drive in snow.

I guess we were all affected in some way.  I think it will make us stronger, though.

If a 3" an hour band went over NYC and it's boroughs, trust me you would be singing a different tune.

Unfortunately, the 6z RGEM and 0z Euro (which both bullseyed NYC), were too far west.

A shame, because when that combo matches, it's usually deadly.

Not this time. Both were off by 30 miles.

Not the LIE, but my street has been plowed.

In a bombing/occluding system last year on May 5th portions of NW Arkansas and SW Missouri received 2-6" of snow.

While that was ridiculous in rarity it probably helped that it was over the Ozarks where elevations range from 1000ft to 2000ft but peak in Arkansas around 2500-2700ft.

I remember the utter disbelief of the mets.

if you don't think this is an impressive mesoscale event, you should just quit tracking weather

This event kind of reminds me of the several times I went out to experience LES. Although the bands were often narrow, the snowfall rates were intense and traffic was frequently brought to a near standstill in areas where the heaviest snow was falling. For Long Islanders experiencing the band of heavy snow, this is a nice event to cap a great winter.

Back to the dramatics I see.

Brother- there`s 4 to 6 inches up on the N shore of Suffolk County . Don`t fight this one .

It turned into a warning type snow at rush hour  , not modeled well , that NO ONE SAW. 

It`s not  an inch or 2. 

Archived